PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   2 simultaneous bluetooth pairings? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92375)

jalan 10-24-2009 06:28 PM

2 simultaneous bluetooth pairings?

I am interested in using the Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway (with my TP2) to stream A2DP music and my navigation app voices to my RV stereo using the 3.5mm aux output on the Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway.

I don't actually own the Blackberry Gateway yet, so if there is a better product, let me know.

Question is, can I use the Gateway bluetooth for the A2DP streams and still send/receive calls on my Jawbone Prime headset at the same time.

I know that the A2DP audio will not continue when I am on a call. That is fine. But can I maintain connections to 2 bluetooth devices simultaneously, one for A2DP and one for phone calls?

elesbb 10-05-2010 03:47 PM

Re: 2 simultaneous bluetooth pairings?

I believe you can but dont take my word for it, i know i have two bt headsets, and i wasable to connect both of them to one phone, one in my room, and one in my truck, i was curious as to if they both could be connected at the same time, and it worked. so i think you can have your ttwo bt devices connected.

Dr.8820 10-05-2010 03:50 PM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

you can't use 2 bluetooth devices at the same time, at least on my tp2 you can't.

Tybalt39 10-05-2010 07:12 PM

I have an audio gateway at home, so I will try this tonight. In the mean time, I have successfully connected both a bluetooth headset and stereo bluetooth headphones at the same time to my TP2. I could converse using the headset and listen to stereo audio with the headphones. My thinking is, as long as you don't duplicate specific functions (IE: both the stereo gateway and stereo headphones at the same time), you should be ok.

Miami_Son 10-06-2010 12:18 AM

Even if you can pair two BT devices simultaneously, I don't think you can stream two different audio streams separately like what you're wanting to do.

Tybalt39 10-06-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalan (Post 1261488)
I am interested in using the Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway (with my TP2) to stream A2DP music and my navigation app voices to my RV stereo using the 3.5mm aux output on the Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway. (EDIT) I know that the A2DP audio will not continue when I am on a call. That is fine. But can I maintain connections to 2 bluetooth devices simultaneously, one for A2DP and one for phone calls?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miami_Son (Post 1966967)
Even if you can pair two BT devices simultaneously, I don't think you can stream two different audio streams separately like what you're wanting to do.

MS may have noticed something I didn't. The audio from your GPS system will follow the stereo output, not the headset output (assuming you are using a standard/mono headset, not an A2DP headset). You will not be able to separate the navigation voice from your music. I just tried it with Media Player and iGo My Way. Music plays and directions play right along with the music.

Miami_Son 10-06-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tybalt39 (Post 1967295)
MS may have noticed something I didn't. The audio from your GPS system will follow the stereo output, not the headset output (assuming you are using a standard/mono headset, not an A2DP headset). You will not be able to separate the navigation voice from your music. I just tried it with Media Player and iGo My Way. Music plays and directions play right along with the music.

Yeah, that's how I would have expected it to work.

onree 10-06-2010 01:19 PM

In response to the OP -- yes, I think this will work. I have a similar setup in my car, where the Blackberry Bluetooth Gatway is plugged into the aux jack -- it pairs with my TP2 when the car turns on. The car itself also has handsfree Bluetooth and pairs as well; music plays fine and when a call comes in, you can answer (music pauses), chat, then when you hang up the music picks up again.

Tybalt39 10-06-2010 02:40 PM

So, in brief:

A: Yes you can have multiple bluetooth pairings. Only one headset for phone use, but potentially more for just listening to A2DP audio. (Added because I forgot to clarify...)
This may be hardware dependent, as I can connect both my Plantronics A2DP headset/phones and my over-the-ear/behind-the-neck headphones at the same time and hear stereo music from both, but others indicate they have had problems doing the same.

B: You can't separate one audio stream from another (other than phone conversations) for the purpose of routing to individual bluetooth receivers (or even direct-wired connections).

Anyone have different experiences?
Anyone aware of any software that allows for separating audio streams and directing them to different connections?

elesbb 10-07-2010 08:54 AM

I connected both BT hands free. but only one would work during a call. Just an FYI.