PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 03:17 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WOW. How can anyone complain?

so maybe my old tp was defective afterall, because the difference in battery life is night and day.

When i had my tp1, i once flew out to iowa on a business trip. While at the terminal waiting for my flight, i did some web browsing, some video streaming with wvd, and played a few games. By the time I got to iowa, my battery was so dead it was turning itself off.

TODAY I flew to boston (just checked in to my hotel room) and I did all those things above AND MORE. I watched year one (the movie) in flight for cryin out loud. My battery level? AROUND 70%!

This isnt some made up bs. I am completely serious. Needless to say I am glad I upgraded lol

Old 10-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: WOW. How can anyone complain?

I agree, the TP2 is way better than the TP1, they should have a recall on the TP1 period, it was defective from the get go and HTC knows it.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I agree, the TP2 is way better than the TP1, they should have a recall on the TP1 period, it was defective from the get go and HTC knows it.
I had my TP1 since near launch and I can proudly say I had not 1 problem. Never had to hard reset, very few soft resets ever needed
Old 10-23-2009, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Now Network

sd4shizy is keeping up the good worksd4shizy is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to sd4shizy

i second this. doesnt make u guys wonder what the rush is for ppl to flash the rom. dont get me wrong. im gonna do it too, but I have to say, I LOVE my touch pro. Guyz when have we really been able to say that about our ppc's w/o flashing them b4?
Old 10-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I agree battery life is leaps and bounds better with my tp2, but only when I compare it to my sprint tp1. My unlocked gsm tp1 had no battery issues and could easily make it as far as my tp2. I was very disappointed in the sprint tp battery life, otherwise it was an awesome phone. TP2 is the clear winner tho in every way.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

For me, I know it comes down to the fact that the phone is now defaulted for X for close out apps. It pissed me off at 1st, and I ended up changed it to holding X to close them....and I kept forgetting and hit 7 things running at once >.< So I put it back
Old 10-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

I would have to charge of change batteries on the TP1 twice a day. And that was if I actually kept it plugged in all day because it would get hot and discharge the battery multiple times.

The TP2 battery is lasting me a good 6+ hours of heavy internet/data, email, bluetooth, wifi usage and more...

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 10-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

I reserve my right to complain about 1) My carrier not releasing the 6.5 upgrade and 2) not at least releasing patches for bugs affecting vital functionality of the device...like ringing.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The battery life compared to the TP1 is refreshing.
I don't have to charge this sucka all the time which is nice.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2