PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 06:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC/Vz Touch Pro
Carrier: VzW

Big Calhoun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 10/24 CURRENT unlocker status

I guess my only question with all of this is will the HSPL unlock affect those of us that have already gotten our SIMs unlocked from Verizon?
Old 10-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
From what she was saying though, the HSPL also requires a license/activation, even though it is free. Basically, it will require an internet connection and a PC.

I apologize in advance if I read what she said wrong.
No I think they are just saying that you will need a license for the SIM Unlocker. Every other HSPL unlocker has just been a download link or attachment.

Edit: Well I take it back. I guess you will have to get a license for the HSPL Unlocker. But that's ok with me. Whatever it takes for me to be able to flash my phone as many times as I want, then that is what I will do. I'm just itching to flash. Yes I am a Flash Addict.

If I have helped you in anyway, please click Thank You.

Last edited by dimitri; 10-24-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

wish they would just release the HSPL now and wait on the other one most people just want the HSPL
Old 10-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Calhoun View Post
I guess my only question with all of this is will the HSPL unlock affect those of us that have already gotten our SIMs unlocked from Verizon?
No, the SIM Unlocker is separate from the HSPL Unlocker. It will not affect our Verizon SIM Slots.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:26 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I could care less about that sim stuff im not gonna use it anyway. Hell I just want to flash
Old 10-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
No, the SIM Unlocker is separate from the HSPL Unlocker. It will not affect our Verizon SIM Slots.
How about Sprint?
Old 10-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzinBucksBx View Post
How about Sprint?
It won't affect your Sprint SIM Slot either. That is why they are creating the SIM Unlocker. Verizon Users can just call Verizon and have the SIM Unlocked completely. Sprint made their's special because it is already unlocked but only for non-US GSM networks. So to be able to use an AT&T SIM or T-Mobile SIM Card you woould have to have the EliteTeam SIM Unlocker.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

They used community money to build a pay to use product...It wasnt the HSPL that has been holding this up..Its the Sim Unlocker that they want to push at the same time although you guys paid/donated for a HSPL....And who will support the Sim unlocker that will cost? Uh......the same people who took your money and took months to make sure the community donated. Then didnt release it, so they could prepare for marketing another product that they know you will want. I think everyone who donated should get there money back or get the Sim Unlocker Free.. PS...This is the reason i didnt donate, because people will take advantage of what your actually donating towards..

If you have something to say negative regarding this post, then write it down and read it to yourself..Thanks.Running for Mayor 2010!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastx View Post
They used community money to build a pay to use product...It wasnt the HSPL that has been holding this up..Its the Sim Unlocker that they want to push at the same time although you guys paid/donated for a HSPL....And who will support the Sim unlocker that will cost? Uh......the same people who took your money and took months to make sure the community donated. Then didnt release it, so they could prepare for marketing another product that they know you will want. I think everyone who donated should get there money back or get the Sim Unlocker Free.. PS...This is the reason i didnt donate, because people will take advantage of what your actually donating towards..

If you have something to say negative regarding this post, then write it down and read it to yourself..Thanks.Running for Mayor 2010!
Have you ever seen any other device that you didn't have to pay to have the SIM unlocked by someone other than the Carrier? Check it out and do a little research. There are a ton of apps that unlock other SIM Slots but they are going to charge you. And those that donated did so to support the EliteTeam from being able to purchase these devices so that they could help us unlock our devices. So if you aren't waiting to unlock your device then don't donate, but if you plan on unlocking your device be greatful that there were people willing to donate to the cause.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

Dallas90733 is a n00b
Unhappy Re: 10/24 CURRENT unlocker status

To make sure I get this right, we have to wait for the Sim unlocker to get the HSPL unlocker?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2