PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

rj_22 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which rom?

Which rom has the best battery life, outside of the stock one? I know all custom roms burn my power than the stock one, but which one burns slower? I'm about to flash to energy rom 2.5, and just curious because sometimes I can't be accessible to a charger throughout the day, and I want to make sure I can last sometimes.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work
Re: Which rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_22 View Post
Which rom has the best battery life, outside of the stock one? I know all custom roms burn my power than the stock one, but which one burns slower? I'm about to flash to energy rom 2.5, and just curious because sometimes I can't be accessible to a charger throughout the day, and I want to make sure I can last sometimes.
Battery life on Energy ROM is okay but not decent. Too many programs included, also 2.5 consumes more power. If you want good battery life, consider Sense 2.1 ROM without many programs preinstalled.

My suggestion: MightyROM or MalROM.
Both give me about two days with moderate use.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rj_22 is a n00b

im scared of mighty rom. It gave me so many problems on my tp that I had to abandon it. Text messages would lock up, phone would freeze, etc. I hope he corrected that on the tp2
Old 02-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
im scared of mighty rom. It gave me so many problems on my tp that I had to abandon it. Text messages would lock up, phone would freeze, etc. I hope he corrected that on the tp2
Over 2,000 people use Mighty rom. I don't think 2,000 people would use it if it had problems.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rj_22 is a n00b

i understand that, but every rom has its short comings
Old 02-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

Quote:
I used Mightyrom on the original TP, but when I tried it on my TP2 I too experienced random lockups and freezes. It wasn't worth the trouble just to have WM 6.5 and the Sense 2.1 UI. I flashed back to the stock rom for stability and reliability.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

Words of Wisdom. Stick with the stock ROM and just use the hacks listed in the hacks sticky that increase battery life and disable push internet. I'm using both of those hacks and my battery life is Insane! Believe me, nothings worst than needing to make an immediate important call, and picking up your phone to find out the custom rom has crashed.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I can personally vouch for Mighty's 2.1, Mal's 2.1 and Mr. X's 2.1 and 2.5. All of them have given me great battery life, although there are variables for each individual, what are you doing with it, how's your signal, how often are you updating weather, e-mail, etc, but overall, each of those ROM's have been great. You want more eyecandy, you lose battery. And if there are issues with any of those ROM's, the chefs are typically very responsive on getting them fixed, but most are user error.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:38 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I use mightyROM Void and have very very good battery life (as long as I dont use Parlingo all day)
But it is Titanium only no Sense 2.1 or 2.5.
I have been running it for over a month now with no bugs, freeze ups, or slow downs, it runs perfectly for me.

you can get it here.-->

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101356

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 02-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

I wish Sprint would get off their duffs and release their WM 6.5 update so I can put these custom rom dramas to bed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2