PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

vincebb72 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Stolen Touch Pro 2

My fellow ppcgeekers,

Ok so here is my story that I need to vent about..... I've had my TP2 for about two months, which I purchased online.. Yesterday I was trying to send a text, but it was giving me error code 97 meaning I could not call or text..My phone was on lockdown!! I called sprint and they basically told me the guy who I purchased the phone through had stolen several TP2's. I had to activate my old samsung blade phone so i hope paypal investigates and I receive my money back to get another. I'm so pissed with all the rom releases coming soon. Thanks for listening
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: My Stolen Touch Pro 2

Im sorry for your loss. I too got mine from a vendor online, so far its been 2 weeks with the phone. If anything happened to it, i'd have to go to an old Samsung Blade aswell, as the Touch Pro 1 is being sent for repairs and hopefully put up for sale soon. Good luck with Paypal
Old 10-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincebb72 View Post
My fellow ppcgeekers,

Ok so here is my story that I need to vent about..... I've had my TP2 for about two months, which I purchased online.. Yesterday I was trying to send a text, but it was giving me error code 97 meaning I could not call or text..My phone was on lockdown!! I called sprint and they basically told me the guy who I purchased the phone through had stolen several TP2's. I had to activate my old samsung blade phone so i hope paypal investigates and I receive my money back to get another. I'm so pissed with all the rom releases coming soon. Thanks for listening
After 2 effing months? What a croc man.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 10-24-2009, 02:31 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Yeah thats a shame. I have sold several phones on Ebay and purchased a few too but never had issue, but everytime I hear a story like this it just churns my stomache.

Good luck.

Also do you mind me asking what did you pay for it online? I see people bidding on Verizon TP2 easily $500-$600 on EbAY but if they are just PATIENT Verizons full retail price for that phone is only $489 and then you dont have to worry about it coming up stolen 2 months later... not sure what the full retail price is for Sprint. I saw the same thing with the Rogue , people bidding upwards of $500 when it first came out and retail is only $419.

Last edited by GrandMasterB; 10-24-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

I got mine off craigslist
may be I'm screwed too
Old 10-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES
I got mine off craigslist
may be I'm screwed too
It will always be a gamble whenever you buy a Sprint phone from another user or whatever, but I feel safer buying a phone from Craigslist than eBay. The couple phones I bought off Craigslist, I'd always have the seller meet up at a Sprint store to verify the ESN is clean, but one occasion (back in August) I bought a Touch Pro off Craigslist from a girl, took the chance and her word, and ended up getting burned. Gotsa be careful out here these days.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

How come they lock the phone up two months later?

My phone was stolen too and I just had it activated few days ago.

Sprint called me and ask me to confirm the seller. He did said nothing is going to happen to me. Check my other thread that I posted.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion

I bought my TP2 off craigslist for $380.

Met up at the guys house (don't normally do that!!) activated it with him to make sure the esn was clean.

How could it come up as a bad esn after that long???
Old 10-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Yah, once its activated, its activated. I have never heard of shutdown 2 mths or any mths later.

I am getting worried.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

i rather deal with craigslist than ebay.... bcuz is face to face and you could get more info on the seller than ebay as for example: location, car he drive, tags and so on...

i seen a lot of sprint tp2 on craigslist with bad esn and they show pics the phone with all their seal and plastics meaning it is STOLEN....

they get a bunch, i guess from inside source and try to sell then as bad esn and try to tell you a bunch of bull**** that i got from a friend and this and that.....

take a look at this, this seller on craigslist is trying to sell what he supposedly said is a clean tp2

http://orlando.craigslist.org/mob/1394213819.html

now take a look at the same seller a couple of days later

http://orlando.craigslist.org/mob/1399466109.html

so be careful out there, when you see a ppl selling a tp2 or other phone and they said BNIB nerver been used or turn on, with bad ESN is definitely STOLEN.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2