PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 07:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

tmwes is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My Stolen Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
Yeah thats a shame. I have sold several phones on Ebay and purchased a few too but never had issue, but everytime I hear a story like this it just churns my stomache.

Good luck.

Also do you mind me asking what did you pay for it online? I see people bidding on Verizon TP2 easily $500-$600 on EbAY but if they are just PATIENT Verizons full retail price for that phone is only $489 and then you dont have to worry about it coming up stolen 2 months later... not sure what the full retail price is for Sprint. I saw the same thing with the Rogue , people bidding upwards of $500 when it first came out and retail is only $419.
They are selling in reality for close to $500. I had one 'sell' this morning where for the longest time the winning bid was $510...then in the last minute a brand new, zero-feedback buyer swooped in and bid $591. And then emailed me asking to send it to his cousin in Nigeria if he gave me an extra $100.

So I cancelled that transaction and am waiting on a 2nd chance offer I made to the guy who bid $510....but if he doesn't answer soon I guess I'm going to re-list it tonight.

In some cases, paying a little above retail makes sense if enough extras are included...
Old 10-25-2009, 08:21 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

I thought it would be a good idea to suggest this, especially with the unlocker coming out. There are programs out there that are secretly installed on your phone which you can send a text message to your phone if its lost or stolen, and you can get an e-mail/text with gps coordinates, get a phone call, call log. There is also an oem version of said apps that will be installed and configure even after the thief does a hard reset. its password protected and hidden. you can even send a message to do a hard reset if you have sensitive info. Definitely a good program to have.

One program is called Remote Tracker. http://remotetracker.sourceforge.net/ (I know there are more out there)

Another program is Mobile Tracker http://mobiletracker.sourceforge.net/

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 10-25-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

BeefJerky is becoming a great contributor

Yep, I had that happen with an iPod I was selling on ebay. The email said they were currently in London, and wanted me to ship to his daughter in Nigeria. I told him to go f*** himself. Since then I've turned on some settings in my ebay preferences to block certain buyers:

1) Don't have a PayPal account
2) Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 1 Month(s)
3) Are registered in countries to which I don't ship
4) Have a feedback score of -1 or lower
5) Are currently winning or have bought 10 of my items in the last 10 days and have a feedback score of 5 or lower

It's primarily number 1 that will help the most with the Nigerian scams though. They don't like to use Paypal since it actually has some seller protection, plus requires personal information to setup an account. They much prefer to use Western Union or fake money orders.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tmwes is a n00b

Thankfully, the 2nd chance guy accepted the offer, paid, and it will ship out tomorrow.

This guy passed every one of of those checks. He was registered in Texas and was going to paypal me the amount +100. Thing is, that money would have sat in Paypal pending status until either I got a positive rating from him or they confirmed the phone's arrival via tracking.

I think the one thing I'll probably change next time is number 5; no bids from people with feedback score of 0 or lower. Although the guy that bought my Touch Pro in September had a 0 rating and he was fine...
Old 10-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck

Some phones are stolen from the sprint store or warehouse by the employees, they sell them and sprint activate them as clean ESN but after doing the inventory they find out those phones are missing and they block them, that why it takes that long.
If the phone was stolen or lost from someone they report it right away and sprint block them instantly.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

vincebb72 is just getting started

This is exactly what had happened to me! So here is the UPDATED info... Well my phone was blocked about two weeks ago, so i contacted Paypal to file a dispute, and one step wast hey wanted me to provide proof of documentation that the phone i have is not useable/stolen. I have not been able to get that info because Sprint can't provide documentation so paypal closed the case and I'm stuck with a useless TP2 collecting dust. Can anyone help me some how some way? What is a way I can provide proof? Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlyduck View Post
Some phones are stolen from the sprint store or warehouse by the employees, they sell them and sprint activate them as clean ESN but after doing the inventory they find out those phones are missing and they block them, that why it takes that long.
If the phone was stolen or lost from someone they report it right away and sprint block them instantly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2