PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjodotcom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Charging

I noticed that anytime I charge up my battery until my TP2 thinks its "full" (green notification light), that if I unplug the phone for not even 10 seconds and plug it back in, it continues to charge for at least another 15-30 min. Does this mean my phone is not fully charging? Anyone else seeing this problem?
Old 10-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Battery Charging

Can you do this an infinite amount of times in a row? If so, I'm sure it just has to do with how often it's checking the battery levels or something like that, rather than an actual charging issue
Old 10-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

i've noticed this too actually. checking it out yesterday and saw that after a full charge (green light) within 30 minutes i had it down to about 70% with only casual texting. today after sitting idle on a charger all night it's holding a charge much longer. since i've only had the phone for 5 days, i'm typically draining the battery to 0 and then fully charging it. think that's a bad thing?

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 10-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What happens is once you reach a high battery level, HTC uses a technology called "trickle charging" It charges at a slower rate to perserve your battery's integrity for a longer amount of time.

This is a GOOD thing. It is supposed to happen. But you still shouldn't leave it charging all the time.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

Yep, I was gonna say that once a battery indicates that it is near full capacity, an intelligent charger will go into trickle mode as to not damage the battery.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

i'm familiar with trickle chargers, but they also have the intelligence to cut off charging once the battery has reached 100%. why wouldn't htc work that into the mix? just seems to me that if the phone is reading 100 percent and the light is green (i've seen it read 100 with the light still orange)... apparently full doesn't mean full.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

mjodotcom is just getting started

Thats why I wonder if my battery woes have something to do with this. I have been through two batteries now, and my phone still won't make it longer than 16 hours with moderate use (even after uninstalling S2U2). Perhaps I am never getting a full charge?
Old 10-25-2009, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, soon EVO

Kingtut18 is becoming a great contributor

I'm seeing the same thing, my battery lasts for maybe 16 hours.

I take the phone off the charger when I leave for work in the AM, after I get home (Light to moderate use at work 4-8 calls, Data doing weather, and some light internet usage) get home, and battery is at 30 percent. by the time I go to bed battery is down to less than 10 percent.

I do have S2U2 Installed, along with a bunch of other games (around 10), and a few apps (Internet Sharing, and HD Tweak) but other than that is is stock. I'm using HD Tweak so it disconnects my data after 1 min of non usage, and still battery life is bad.

Any ideas on what we could do to get better battery life?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2