PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I use s2us as default lock program?

My company requires encryption on the device and thus requires a password be entered to unlock the device.

I really dislike the default lock program and would like to replace it with s2u2. Is this possible?

thanks,
dave
Old 10-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s
Re: Can I use s2us as default lock program?

yes s2u2 has a lock on it, but i highly doubt it could be considered as good of a lock as the one that is on winmo itself. i hate the default 6.1 lock so i use s2u2, but it doesn't ALWAYS kick on when the device boots up or goes to sleep and even with it installed and functioning sometimes i still occasionally find my phone unlocked in my pocket. s2u2 works, but not consistently enough to be used as a security measure. i would stick with the one in 6.1 and push for the company to move to 6.5 as soon as it's dropped

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 10-24-2009, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The only $50 Touch Pro2
Carrier: gottaluvSPRINT

wampuscat is keeping up the good workwampuscat is keeping up the good work

i would say the occasional not locking also has to do with the version,ex.1.62 perfect,2.02 would not always work.2.05 great.thats on my tp1 and tp2
Old 10-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

where did you get 2.05? i was just on his site and can only find 2.04
Old 10-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

where did u find 2.04 bc 2.05 causes battery drainage issues on the tp2 and 2.05 is suppose to (hopefully) fix that issue
Old 10-24-2009, 02:45 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

I'm running 2.04 with ZERO issues. It won't unlock unless I unlock it and it always starts up.

Here's the D/L link: http://67.43.3.117/~acs2co/S2U2-download-2.04-VGA.html

Old 10-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrood View Post
where did u find 2.04 bc 2.05 causes battery drainage issues on the tp2 and 2.05 is suppose to (hopefully) fix that issue
ummm what?
as for an update... the 2.04 version as stated above seems to be working flawlessly, best version i've had yet actually.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I tried out the 2.04 version and it works nicely. Using a password works well also. Unfortunately, that just means I have to put in two passwords to get to the phone.

I was hoping to be able to replace the default lock program cause it blocks phone calls after you answer them, and it is butt ugly.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

2.04 definately was draining my battery. installed pocketshield and havent had any battery issues, unfortunately PS doesnt offer password protection
Old 10-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

No. As it is not integrated with the security model of the phone, you cannot use it in place of the default lock.

ISO27001/Common Criteria requires validation of a security control, and S2U2 is nowhere near being unable to be bypassed in some manner.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2