PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

bluetiger20 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Advice needed/ Verizon discontinuing the TP2???

I called Verizon Wireless this afternoon about my defective Touch Pro 2. I told them the Touch Pro 2 was having trouble holding a charge, and both batteries I tried had no effect. They agreed to send me a new phone. When I called in September, they were out of stock. When I called at the beginning of October, they were out of stock. When I called this evening, telling them that I needed a new phone and that my 30 days of Worry Free were almost up, they told me this: They could send me a refurbished phone, but I don’t want a refurbished phone (for many reasons). I asked about waiting until they got back in stock with the Touch Pro 2, and then the rep from Verizon told me they were most likely discontinuing the Touch Pro 2 since it had been so long without any in stock. And because they were not going to get any more in stock, I could either have a refurbished phone, or I could give up my Worry Free guarantee and not get a new phone and be stuck with this one. I even suggested that PERHAPS it was because the Touch Pro 2 was getting a 6.5 software update, and she said she would have heard of something like that now, due to her experience with the BB Storm getting a software update and going temporarily out of stock. I told her these two stories are kinda totally different.
So what do you all think? Is Verizon going to stop selling this phone, due to network problems as this rep thought? What should I do? Should I call them back and just accept the refurbished phone? Or should I wait it out and wait til they get new stock? If they get new stock, they said they WOULD get me a new phone, even past my Worry Free date. Nothing is ACTUALLY wrong with the battery, I just want a brand new phone because I was stupid and left a dent in the phone that makes the keyboard slider unworkable. Hell if im living with that mistake for 2 years. I bought a case and a screen protector the day after so it wouldn’t happen again. Your moral judgments against my selfishness aside, what should I do if Im set on a new TP2?
Thank you.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

normalguy is becoming a great contributor
Re: Advice needed/ Verizon discontinuing the TP2???

Um, I think that is highly unlikely. Verizon is not going to spend the R&D (I know, that sounds funny, but they probably do spend some bux on qual) and add, what, 5,000 phones to their network? They are taking on Q&A, training, support costs, etc, etc, to support a minimal amount of phones that they would then yank?

It is more likely that HTC and Verizon are working on ironing some of the obvious bugs (let's hope) before rolling out the TP2 with WinMo 6.5. Us early adopters will then eventually get the update because they don't want to support 5,000 people with phones that don't match the other 50,000 TP2's that they have their network.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

i can't possibly see them pulling this phone, could be wrong though, maybe there is something we don't know about. but as normalguy said, a lot of time and money goes into releasing a new phone on the network, i doubt they'd pull after only a month of being out. i'd hold out, only if you like it of course. if you don't like the tp2 then get something else before your 30 days are up. tough call though, i think they are bluffing
Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

The phone has been out for all of one month, why would it be discontinued? This is a problem with some of these call centers, they can be so clueless and they probably told you that because they thought you would probably be more clueless. Oh and by the way since you caused damage to your own phone just settle for a refurb and make space for the people who really got issues.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RHOD500
Carrier: VZW

vzwdts is keeping up the good workvzwdts is keeping up the good work

Don't know where they got that from, but VZW is not discontinuing the phone.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

that would be like AT &T saying the iphone was discontinued after it was out of stock for so long back in the day
Old 10-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

I also don't think they're discontinuing it, at least not after just 1 month out.

There was, however, that document floating around (someone's speculation anyway) that the phone would have a short shelf life. I think they suggested it would only be around for 4 or 5 months. I even think that's short but I dunno.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

rp4643 is just getting started

the phones from HTC TP2 and Imagio are having an issue with the radios. the phones get stuck in 1Xand have to be reset to get back to 3G and yes there is a big diff in speed. ..... I have an imagio and im about ready to head to the dark side of crackberry.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OP is trolling.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:55 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Found this entry in another forum today. Hope it's true!

"I just got off the phone with the Sacremento Verizon Sales call center. He said that the TP2 will be in stock tomorrow and to call him around 12pm PST and I should be able to order it.....Could the wait finally be over????"

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2