PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: t-mobile

mrsbeard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy is the htc touch pro 2 lcd repairable????

I'm hoping that someone can help me. My htc touch pro 2 fell yesterday and now the lcd is black with horizontal colored lines running across it. Can the lcd be repaired or replaced?
Old 10-24-2009, 08:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: is the htc touch pro 2 lcd repairable????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbeard View Post
I'm hoping that someone can help me. My htc touch pro 2 fell yesterday and now the lcd is black with horizontal colored lines running across it. Can the lcd be repaired or replaced?
if you could find the replacement, you can check on ebay, but make your that your not getting the CDMA(without sim card) LCD and a GSM(uses a sim card) it will say like T7373, that one is GSM, you need to go to All settings, device information, then Identity to see what model you have.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-24-2009, 09:21 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
if you could find the replacement, you can check on ebay, but make your that your not getting the CDMA(without sim card) LCD and a GSM(uses a sim card) it will say like T7373, that one is GSM, you need to go to All settings, device information, then Identity to see what model you have.
Out of curiosity, what is the difference in screens that makes my CDMA (that can also use a sim card) screen incompatible a GSM TP2?
Old 10-24-2009, 09:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Out of curiosity, what is the difference in screens that makes my CDMA (that can also use a sim card) screen incompatible a GSM TP2?
I'm honestly not sure, but I learned in the past, with older phones, like the RAZR, GSM and CDMA, aesthetically they looked exactly the same, and when you took them apart they were two different animals. I would just feel really bad for this person if they had to order this one out of hong kong only to find out that the CDMA wont fit the GSM.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
without having opened both and seeing the part, based on some past lcd I have replaced, there may likely be a difference in the ribbon connector or whatever type connector that plugs the screen into the main chassis of the phone itself. It may be subtle but as said earlier you definitely want to make 100 percent sure you get the right screen, If you are replacing yourself which is probably easy for anyone who has ever taken a phone like this apart(youtube has videos very often) , then you can look at the part and ee all the connections and where they are positioned geographically. The last thing you want is to buy the wrong part and find the plug is different or in the wrong place. I would avise taking the piece out if possible for you and getting a good look and compare to picture of replacement part if you cannot verify the model number 100 percent. I find with many cel phone parts, never buy unless you can see an EXACT picture of the part you will be receiving. Hope this helps a little bit. If not, sorry.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you want someone to repair your screen I would definitely try Pocket PC Techs.
http://www.ppctechs.com/

It's not cheap. Usually replacing a screen is as expensive as buying a new device, unless you are experienced and capable of doing it your self

Dave

Last edited by Paragon; 10-24-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Everun UMPC
Carrier: verizon

tmarks11 is a n00b

On a few other PDA's that I have broken, the cost for out-of-warrenty repair for a broken LCD was typically about $100. Call HTC and find out. Check the following link for more info:

http://www.htc.com/us/supportcontent.aspx?id=12066

If you have not opened up a device like this before, you are in for a very unpleasant surprise. Everything is packed in very tight, and different layers are connected by very short ZIFF (zero insertion force) ribbin cables which are easy to tear and difficult to disconnect. It is easy to damage other things while trying to strip it down so you can get to the lcd.

YMMV; I have not taken my TP2 apart.

This qualifies as a "out of warrenty repair". Call the support number and see how much it will cost.

Quote:
Out of Warranty repairs please contact the appropriate number below or email us.
U.S customers Inside the U.S. Outside the U.S.
T-Mobile 1-888-356-2375 +1-317-818-6987

Last edited by tmarks11; 10-24-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

try youtube first to see if you can find a touch pro 2 replacing screen video. It can save you 50 bucks doing it yourself and if you are fairly good with things like this, its usually not hard

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2