PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   My TP2 battery pulled a Mr Hyde... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92277)

malacor 10-24-2009 01:58 AM

My TP2 battery pulled a Mr Hyde...

I've had my TP2 since launch on the 8th last month. On day's I've worked, I usually end my 10 hour shift with around 30% battery life. The average day consists of a few short calls, some texting, and sometimes a little internet browsing. On my days off it usually sits here on my desk and I end the day with around 50%.

Something happened last night. I went through my entire shift and only finished the day at 80%. I thought this was a glitch so I restarted the phone, it still read 80%. So I intentionally didn't charge it over night, a first since I bought the phone. I did turn it off however as I do every night when it's charging.

When I awoke and turned it on, it was still showing 80%. 12 hours later now, a couple phone calls and some texting, I'm still at 70%.

WTH has happened? I haven't made ANY changes to my phone, or my habbits in the use of the phone the last two days.

The battery life has been my only gripe with the phone, but if I could get this kind of life out of it all the time, I'd be perfectly happy.

As a side note, I do have a magnetic case when I'm at work, but I used it yesterday, just like every day I work. But on days off I don't use a carry case.

Anyone have any ideas?

pdawg17 10-24-2009 02:11 AM

Re: My TP2 battery pulled a Mr Hyde...

Quote:

Originally Posted by malacor (Post 1259978)
I've had my TP2 since launch on the 8th last month. On day's I've worked, I usually end my 10 hour shift with around 30% battery life. The average day consists of a few short calls, some texting, and sometimes a little internet browsing. On my days off it usually sits here on my desk and I end the day with around 50%.

Something happened last night. I went through my entire shift and only finished the day at 80%. I thought this was a glitch so I restarted the phone, it still read 80%. So I intentionally didn't charge it over night, a first since I bought the phone. I did turn it off however as I do every night when it's charging.

When I awoke and turned it on, it was still showing 80%. 12 hours later now, a couple phone calls and some texting, I'm still at 70%.

WTH has happened? I haven't made ANY changes to my phone, or my habbits in the use of the phone the last two days.

The battery life has been my only gripe with the phone, but if I could get this kind of life out of it all the time, I'd be perfectly happy.

As a side note, I do have a magnetic case when I'm at work, but I used it yesterday, just like every day I work. But on days off I don't use a carry case.

Anyone have any ideas?

I wish my battery would do that...mine sounds like your "old" battery personality...

malacor 10-24-2009 03:01 AM

I'm almost afraid to charge my phone now. lol I do think I'll run it till it's nearly dead though, I want to see how long this is going to last. Still holding at 70%. I wish I had gotten around to installing the 1% battery cab.

mikejones13 10-24-2009 03:04 AM

WOW, you wanna trade me batteries, lol? J/K I wish mine would do that

tr0s 10-29-2009 06:45 PM

so how long did that battery charge end up lasting you? you never reported back

theur 10-29-2009 07:20 PM

If you go into roaming alot at work it will kill your battery life... maybe you just got a good signal for once?

GoodThings2Life 10-29-2009 08:12 PM

Your battery now sounds about "right", actually.

strra 10-29-2009 08:40 PM

technically speaking, wouldn't it have come as mr. hyde and now it's dr. jekyll?