PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you willing to use / test the unlocker Elite team is testing
Yes I am willing use / test the pre-release unlocker 60 47.24%
No I will not use / test the pre-release unlocker 67 52.76%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 04:15 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant
Re: If unlocker is not ready...

+1 with Mr MikeJones13
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kaystyle is just getting started

Why not wait until a finished product is available? These guys are artists. Respect their craft and wait until they're comfortable with something that they can be proud of releasing to the public.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1jatt View Post
How do you know they dont need testers ?
If you are elite team member then you dont know what is happening.
Elite team said that that HSPL is ready, they are holding out because licensing webserver is not ready.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=221
Hmmm, licensing webserver? I don't remember that being necessary on the Touch Pro or Mogul. It makes me REALLY hope that I don't have to exchange my device as I don't really want to have to go through the hassle of having to PM someone to get a new license if I have to get a replacement device. I wonder why they feel the need for a licensing server? I guess that means that it is about the money afterall.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint 4G EVO

BLawicki is keeping up the good workBLawicki is keeping up the good work

I don't post here much, but I'll tell you what...if it is about the money...good for them...they work their arse off...because I can tell you I know **** about programming and hexology. That is NOT a word btw lol...i'm sure sprint/telus/vzw wouldn't be putting these guys on the payroll for it heh...
Old 10-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

Great thread!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

imkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good work

Look, there are only a few on here that don't like the discussion/speculation. It is not hurting anything at all. If the person actually developing the unlocker didn't welcome the discussion, she would not keep putting out the "1-2 more days" statements. She also posted at one point that she didn't understand and was frustrated as to why the threads were being locked and messages were being deleted when discussed. If you believe they are holding out on purpose for more donations, fine. If you don't, fine. Just say your piece and move on!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint 4G EVO

BLawicki is keeping up the good workBLawicki is keeping up the good work

maybe she has a quota? Like a goal of donations...never know...
Old 10-24-2009, 08:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So OP and everyone who voted "Yes I am willing to use/test the pre-release unlocker" let me ask you a question:

Are you actually willing to put your money where your mouth is and if your phone gets bricked by an un-tested unlocker you just gonna throw it away and buy another one?

Or are you gonna go and cry and moan to your Sprint/Verizon/whatever carrier and actually try to make them gave you a new one essentially making them pay for this? You realize that by using the unlocker you are voiding your warranty and you are on your own? Or are you so *brave* because you will try to scam your <insert carrier here> into giving you another one?
Old 10-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorby View Post
So OP and everyone who voted "Yes I am willing to use/test the pre-release unlocker" let me ask you a question:

Are you actually willing to put your money where your mouth is and if your phone gets bricked by an un-tested unlocker you just gonna throw it away and buy another one?

Or are you gonna go and cry and moan to your Sprint/Verizon/whatever carrier and actually try to make them gave you a new one essentially making them pay for this? You realize that by using the unlocker you are voiding your warranty and you are on your own? Or are you so *brave* because you will try to scam your <insert carrier here> into giving you another one?
Great point and most of the people that voted yes are probably with sprint and you wonder why the hell we pay so much more than the competitors for the same damn phone and why our deductables are now $100. Everybody needs to just chill out, after all this I wish the elite team just didn't accept donations and just charge everybody a flat fee to download the unlocker, then we will see how many people would be complaining then.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Great point and most of the people that voted yes are probably with sprint and you wonder why the hell we pay so much more than the competitors for the same damn phone and why our deductables are now $100. Everybody needs to just chill out, after all this I wish the elite team just didn't accept donations and just charge everybody a flat fee to download the unlocker, then we will see how many people would be complaining then.
+1!!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2