PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Relocker at the same time? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92239)

kitts 10-23-2009 09:52 PM

Relocker at the same time?

One simple question.

When the unlocker is released, will there be a relocker also? I am planning to return my TP2(in a week), but I just wanted to see how the new ROMs improve the phone. Before returning the TP to store, I have to relock it. so tha question.

Thanks all

bluruld 10-23-2009 10:38 PM

Re: Relocker at the same time?

From my experiences the relocker comes later after any bugs with the unlocker get ironed out.

eman 10-23-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitts (Post 1259306)
One simple question.

When the unlocker is released, will there be a relocker also? I am planning to return my TP2(in a week), but I just wanted to see how the new ROMs improve the phone. Before returning the TP to store, I have to relock it. so tha question.

Thanks all

Relocker, isn't the unlocker enough of a battle to fight right now. Can we really take on another mission........We would need to bring in reserves if we were to discuss that!!!

hypeo 10-23-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1259446)
Relocker, isn't the unlocker enough of a battle to fight right now. Can we really take on another mission........We would need to bring in reserves if we were to discuss that!!!

Wasn't there a discussion going around that if you flash the stock rom it would Re-lock your phone?? anyone remember that?:scratch:

tobeychris 10-23-2009 11:21 PM

That is not the case.

In the past, only a relocker could overwrite the SPL.

supdawg 10-24-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

One simple question.

Thanks all

Why would you be flashing a custom rom on a phone you know you will return? Sounds very silly to do so.

rdd0512 10-24-2009 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supdawg (Post 1259867)
Why would you be flashing a custom rom on a phone you know you will return? Sounds very silly to do so.

your screen breaks 2 days after flashing mighty rom and you have to return it for a replacement. that why.

michaelbrandonw 10-24-2009 10:02 AM

I too would like to try this badboy out proper with a great ROM before I consider switching it out with a different phone...... droid...

jmorton10 10-24-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

I am planning to return my TP2(in a week),

You'll be lucky if the UNLOCKER is out before then IMHO.......

~John

eman 10-24-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdd0512 (Post 1260047)
your screen breaks 2 days after flashing mighty rom and you have to return it for a replacement. that why.

Would any cell provider employee even have a clue if your phone is unlocked or not. You can always load your stock ROM back on the device. I can't imagine any employee even having a clue what that even means. Most of them don't even know how to bring up the phone pad on a ppc......

And if they do know what unlocking these phones mean, they would probably be a memeber of ppcgeeks and should be cool with it anyway........