PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint didn't give me a SIM (UIM/RIM) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92228)

HTCotta 10-23-2009 08:44 PM

Sprint didn't give me a SIM (UIM/RIM)

I'm one of the lucky ones who got their (5th!) original Touch Pro replaced with the TP2. Loving my phone but whenever I install a custom taskbar, it shows the no sim icon on the taskbar so I went to get a SIM card at my local sprint store, and the guy didn't know how to take the battery cover off. He had unsurprisingly never seen a TP2 in his life, nor a sprint phone with a slot for a SIM card (!). He gave me the number for Sprint International and told me they could ship me one, got transferred to multiple departments, all of which told me I was speaking with the wrong department. Can anyone (maybe a sprint employee who could take my information and get one shipped to me?!) help me out with where to get a SIM card? It'll keep you busy and pass the time waiting for the HSPL i promise...Thanks in advance!

ajac 10-23-2009 08:45 PM

Re: Sprint didn't give me a SIM (UIM/RIM)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCotta (Post 1259134)
I'm one of the lucky ones who got their (5th!) original Touch Pro replaced with the TP2. Loving my phone but whenever I install a custom taskbar, it shows the no sim icon on the taskbar so I went to get a SIM card at my local sprint store, and the guy didn't know how to take the battery cover off. He had unsurprisingly never seen a TP2 in his life, nor a sprint phone with a slot for a SIM card (!). He gave me the number for Sprint International and told me they could ship me one, got transferred to multiple departments, all of which told me I was speaking with the wrong department. Can anyone (maybe a sprint employee who could take my information and get one shipped to me?!) help me out with where to get a SIM card? It'll keep you busy and pass the time waiting for the HSPL i promise...Thanks in advance!

wow going in circles typical sprint Id say call retentions and see if you can get anywhere with them Tell them enough is enough

apristel 10-23-2009 08:46 PM

Did you get a NIB or refurb?

HTCotta 10-23-2009 08:50 PM

Can someone help me out and tell me the code to see that menu again? I think it was a refurb because I didn't get a retail box, just a phone.

tmz 10-23-2009 08:53 PM

##778# Thanks T M Z

HTCotta 10-23-2009 08:59 PM

Thanks tmz. Alright! I got a brand new one. Still no SIM though, haha. Anyone got some help for me?

bigchico67 10-23-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCotta (Post 1259145)
Can someone help me out and tell me the code to see that menu again? I think it was a refurb because I didn't get a retail box, just a phone.

##786# Many people when replaced to the TP 2 from the TP got brand new phones, but they did not come in a box or anything. Just phone and battery.

Cicatrize 10-23-2009 09:13 PM

Have you physically checked for the SIM card underneath the battery?

HTCotta 10-23-2009 09:16 PM

Yes I have, it is indeed missing. Weird that the icon only shows when I install a custom taskbar though.

leylomo 10-23-2009 10:13 PM

get one on ebay, it can be as cheap as $2.50