PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   WM Build Differences Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92220)

Drewidian 10-23-2009 08:14 PM

WM Build Differences Thread

Hello Community,

I was talking to someone who just got his first windows mobile phone and while he's loving his new Touch Pro 2, he's thinks he's ready to take the plunge and load a custom ROM when the unlocker is released. I pointed him to XDA and here to take a look at the work being done and he's really excited, but didn't know what the difference was between the different builds of Windows Mobile.

Since I know that there are alot of new people to the community, I thought I'd ask if one of the moderators here could create a sticky thread in which the differences in the builds are discussed and detailed so new users know what to expect.

I thought I'd first poll people to see if it was acceptable first and then will approach the moderators to see if someone would take ownership of the thread since I'm well versed in WM but no guru. Feel free to let me know what you think.

tobeychris 10-23-2009 08:21 PM

Re: WM Build Change Thread

Good lucking finding the differences...

citats 10-23-2009 08:25 PM

Re: WM Build Differences Thread

everyone has a preference and an opinion... asking this here will serve you as if you didn't ask at all....

or a point in every direction is the same as no point at all... quote by oblio

Drewidian 10-23-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by citats (Post 1259093)
everyone has a preference and an opinion... asking this here will serve you as if you didn't ask at all....

or a point in every direction is the same as no point at all... quote by oblio

I understand that everyone has an opinion, but a change log might prove beneficial to new users. I've been a fan of the WM for a long time and am just trying to help the new users who don't have a clue as to where to start to look for information about new builds. Having a change log in one place may help them decide to delve into customizing their phones. They can always go back to the stock version if they want, but having an easy path to trying upgrades and mods will broaden the community and thus bring more developers to WM. Its time WM got recognition for how open and flexible it is unlike that fruit phone. The easier we make it for noobs to get involved, the better off we will be in the long run.

citats 10-23-2009 08:40 PM

I didn't understand it as a change log... but that would be over whelming to have something like that in one thread for all roms... the change logs are in with the individual roms where they belong, no confusion as to what is what.

Drewidian 10-23-2009 08:57 PM

I would think that just having the 2 latest official release from MS and HTC and perhaps the 5 latest builds wouldn't be too difficult to manage. Most of the guys who build custom ROMs here probably could do it with ease since they build ROMs almost daily. Athena, Juicy, and NRGZ28 come to mind as examples.

Darkness231 10-23-2009 09:21 PM

Pocketnow has some videos of the different 6.5 builds and their differences from the previous versions. Its not completely up to date but its a decent list.