PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

george919 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just got TP2 - What to do first?

I just got my Sprint TP2. What should I do first? Im coming from a treo800w, so the tp2 is like a new world to me. I see some cleanup cabs, etc. Anyways, where do I start with this great device? What should I do immediately to get it ready for heavy usage and make it more productive?
Old 10-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff
Re: Just got TP2 - What to do first?

I always activate, wait til every service works, then hard reset.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 10-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

You will see many opinions here. Personally, I just started messing with the looks of the home screen by downloading some cabs. Then I looked for some useful software. I never did the cleanup. But everyone uses their device differently. Have fun and welcome to our community.
p.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Welcome aboard, get ready for a fun ride!! I would just get use to the stock functionality, see what you like and don't like and then search for tweaks. There's a sticky from Goodthings2life for tweaks and clean up, the tweaks does add a lot of functionality but also removes things that you may personally find useful, like push internet, but saves on battery life. Take some time to read through the threads and see what sounds good and what you like and give 'em a shot.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:30 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Definitely get the hang of the stock feel. Especially if you 're new to Windows Mobile - and be patient. The phone has way too many features for the short tempered and impatient. Once you get a feel, then do some tweaks, themes, apps, games, etcc...
Old 10-23-2009, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Flash the RO.....oh wait, nvm :<
Old 10-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would just wait a few days. Everything you do, you're going to wipe out if you flash a custom ROM
Old 10-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC SPRINT PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

almonte7 is becoming a great contributor

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ar#post1216224
Old 10-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Not even put on the screen protector the first thing?

Its too late now. Its going to take you many many tries to have it dust free.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVIL

SundayDuffer is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by george919 View Post
I just got my Sprint TP2. What should I do first? Im coming from a treo800w, so the tp2 is like a new world to me. I see some cleanup cabs, etc. Anyways, where do I start with this great device? What should I do immediately to get it ready for heavy usage and make it more productive?
Thx for this thread. I am awaiting for my tp2 to arrive this coming Monday also. First time WinMo user. Coming from iPhone and Palm Pre. I will definitely use the stock version for the first week or so, and will continueing read up on everything in here. Thx.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2