PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Boxwave is good but still rubbery (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92193)

abdeviation 10-23-2009 06:10 PM

Boxwave is good but still rubbery

I just got mine, took of the protector that came with the phone and applied this one. Looks nice but running my finger on it, this DOES have the rubbery texture feel to it. Not as bad as some other protectors though but it's definitely there.

In my sweet opinion, the stock protectors that come with the phone are the BEST. They may not be scratch resistant or whatever but they are the smoothest of any i've tried. These are probably a close second as far as "smoothness" is concerned.

abdeviation 10-23-2009 06:12 PM

Re: Boxwave is good but still rubbery

grrr. now i really regret taking off the stock protector :(

ACHlLLES 10-23-2009 07:02 PM

...you can wash it, and put em back.

GrandMasterB 10-23-2009 07:42 PM

You must have got the sucky anti-glare. The ClearTouch Crystal ones are like glass they are so smooth...

jmorton10 10-23-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandMasterB (Post 1258990)
You must have got the sucky anti-glare. The ClearTouch Crystal ones are like glass they are so smooth...

Exactly.

I have tried both & the Crystal Clear are like using no protector at all in both looks & feel.

~John

BRIVERS73 10-23-2009 07:46 PM

Actually the Anti-glare is smoother then the Crystal Clear is as far as scrolling with your fingers are concerned. I have both & there most certainly is a difference between the 2. I still prefer the Crystal Clear over the Anti-Glare though....

abdeviation 10-24-2009 12:47 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

no i have the crystal clear one. although, it now doesnt feel rubbery anymore. im not sure if there was some residue on it from the top layer taht ur supposed to peel off or whether i just got used to it now...either way im happy with it now.

isdnmatt 10-24-2009 01:10 PM

I noticed that the rubbery protectors need a day or two to fully dry and harden up.

GrandMasterB 10-24-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdeviation (Post 1260763)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

no i have the crystal clear one. although, it now doesnt feel rubbery anymore. im not sure if there was some residue on it from the top layer taht ur supposed to peel off or whether i just got used to it now...either way im happy with it now.

Thats good to hear. I just installed a Phantom Skin on mine last night and it is much slicker than I had expected based on my previous "military grade' protectors experience. Must say I still have a preference for the 'feel' of the Boxwave Crystal ones though...