PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 01:51 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: OEM HTC Car Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntm856 View Post
You don't need to get an OEM HTC car charger. Any GOOD USB car charger will do -- even though HTC devices have a slightly non-standard shaped socket, standard mini USBs fit in them just fine. (I am using the OEM Moto one I have left over from my Q9c.)

This may give you more options.
i bought this motorola one from best buy for $10 and it works great. it even has a really cool glow effect on the logo (it's clear but glows blue)

Last edited by strra; 10-29-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:26 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntm856 View Post
You don't need to get an OEM HTC car charger. Any GOOD USB car charger will do -- even though HTC devices have a slightly non-standard shaped socket, standard mini USBs fit in them just fine. (I am using the OEM Moto one I have left over from my Q9c.)

This may give you more options.
Only someone who buys generic would say that. I bought a generic $30 charger from the Verizon retail store, and it produced a lot of feedback and interference in my stock car stereo. Also, they don't charge as fast, and I don't know what else may go wrong.

Oh, and your comment about the OEM HTC car charger having a slightly non-standard shaped socket... where did you see that? You obviously don't have an OEM HTC car charger to look at. I do, and it's a standard mini-usb connection. NOT the proprietary HTC mini-usb connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoope View Post
my guess it that if it is not oem it will last about as long as most cheap chargers, and not charge fast..

i have a oem. it is a very nice piece... and charges at a very good rate for a car charger, and it works. it is the only one that i have found that works with my mogul..

#s on charger

clm10d-050i/p:10-30vdc o/p:5.0v=2a

cce24
n136
08254a1
(h)-r031187

mine was purchaced at newegg.. about a year ago. for ~ 17 bucks shipped.. it has been flawless..

i know that sounds stupid, but i went through ~ 4 other chargers that would work for a couple of weeks then fail..

beers
I did the same. I absolutely love my oem htc charger. I also got it from newegg a year ago for my TP1. Flawless to say the least.

why would you cheap out on a few dollars for a lesser car charger? I can never understand that. There is a difference, and saying the htc oem charger comes from china/taiwan so it must be the same grade is just stupid. you want cheap, go to a swap meet, or the $1 bin at the auto dealership. you want something that will be right for your expensive phone, let go of that penny and do it right.

EDIT: there's nothing wrong with bargain shopping, but don't delude yourself and others by saying it's the same. That "oem htc" charger from ebay from Hong Kong... I'm almost certain it's not oem. Just like my brothers replica Motorols ht820 bluetooth headphones from hong kong. looks the same, but definitely feels "cheap" and performs differently from my authentic motorolas.

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 10-29-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul to tp2
Carrier: sprint sero 500

swoope is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
I want the oem one because I like it looks and I want the real thing not some cheap chinese fake that won't output the current and won't last. And I could buy a fake for $4. I'm not paying $12.50 for a fake.
yep,

and you got photos..

post them up if you like..

beers
Old 10-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What do you think about this OEM Sprint charger ??
not detail on AMps ??

http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-SPRINT-CAR-C...item3ef9b5239c

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2