PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled
Carrier: Verizon

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CDMA Screen protectors - Very happy w/ product. See pics!

I found a link to some screen protectors in another post.
I decided to try them out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
There are 5 protectors in a pack. They are perfectly die cut for our CDMA TP2s. They are the thicker ones which have a removable film on both sides of the protector for installation. They were easy to install and have a very nice quality. I am very happy. I have yet to see how scratch resistant they are, however 5 came in the package and they are cheap so I am not worried.
Expect them to take longer for shipping as they are coming from Hong Kong. It was like 7 business days for shipping, but they ship it right away.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

madmax2k1 is becoming a great contributor
Re: CDMA Screen protectors - Very happy w/ product. See pics!

I bought the same ones from eBay, a 3 pack for $3.98. I haven't received them yet.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

mickeyleah is just getting started

wow u must have great luck with them...i bought a case that came with a 2pack screen protector and it was completely trashed. they said it was for sprint model and the case came broke and did not fit because it was obviously for the euro version...took forever to get here and the protectors were the wrong size...i took it as a lost but i won't be sending them anymore money...but your screen looks great wish i had that luck lol
Old 10-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Very nice just a quick question did you use soap/water before applying your protector or just clean the screen and apply protector..

Just wondering how you applied you screen protector i am waiting for my from the same ebayer. i messed my sprint screen protector lol
Old 10-23-2009, 12:14 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

is that a second tp2 i see in the reflection taking the pictures?
Old 10-23-2009, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

coppertop24 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
is that a second tp2 i see in the reflection taking the pictures?
i saw that too
Old 10-23-2009, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

redz1234 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to redz1234 Send a message via MSN to redz1234 Send a message via Yahoo to redz1234

Haha yup, Thats exactly what it looks like. A 2nd verizon tp2.. :P

Thanks for the link. I'll have to order some of these screen protectors for my telus tp2.

- ReDz

PPC History >> Axim X5, Axim X3, Axim X3i, PPC6700, HTC Titan, HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 10-23-2009, 01:07 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

I bought the same ones in a 3 pack from that seller.

Shipping
I ordered them on 10/7 and they came in yesterday which is 11 business days. I believe the seller stated 7-14 business days, so mine was within that period.

Installation
Just put one on following the directions (no soapy water mentioned) and it went on really well. I shut the bathroom door and ran the hot shower for about 10 minutes before applying this to remove the dust out of the air.

One thing I like about these is that it came with plastic film on the front and back of the protector.

Fit
I also noticed that the protector is .5 mm too short in length which I actually prefer as it gave me a little room for error.

I will also mention that it has no camera hole like the gsm protectors do.

Scratch Resistance
As mentioned by OP, I can't say much about the scratch protection as I just put it on and don't care to test that. On the package it did mention "Japan PET"

Antiglare
I bought antiglare screen protectors once a few years ago from Boxwave. They had a texture to them, made the display a little foggy and hid fingerprints. Although these advertise antiglare, it doesn't have the characteristics above. They show finger prints, and are shiny like a normal screen protector.

Packaging

Shipped in a small brown envelope that has one of those strings that wraps around the plastic disc to keep it shut (no glue or tape). Each screen protector is in its own plastic sleeve and there is one screen wipe included. The screen wiper isn't the nice cloth kind you usually get. It's some sort of synthetic material, but it gets the job done.

Below is a scan of my packaging (stop staring at my package).

Last edited by stroths; 10-23-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Ordered mine on 10/9 and still waiting. Damnmitt

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 10-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

looks like we all read MightyMikes thread about screen protectors cause i too bought these protectors(the 5x pack) i ordered them about 4 days ago now, so i know i still have a few more days to wait. I also noticed that the shield itself is just a lil bit smaller than the screen like Stroths just mentioned above, and i think that's pretty cool cause i always mess up when putting shields on and it goes over the edge and then peels off when i put it in my pocket. also in Mikes thread, there was mention of a shield from a company call "ZAGG", although these ones cost a more, i also bought one of these shields on the same day, so when i get both of them i will let you guys know how they work out!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2