PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Huge gripe with Prox/Wake-up (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92121)

michaelbrandonw 10-23-2009 11:34 AM

Huge gripe with Prox/Wake-up

When on a call, the prox sensor disables the screen (obviously), but when you pull the phone away, it defaults to the home screen?!? This is annoying when on a call, trying to use the keypad to enter automated options. Every time you put the phone up to your ear it shuts the screen down, but the minute you pull it away it closes the "phone" and goes to TFlow.

Also, every time the phone screen goes to sleep, or you press the standby button, when it wakes back up, it closes whatever you had open and goes to TFlow. This drives me crazy when browsing or messaging and the standby button accidently gets hit, or i set the phone down for a few minutes.

Lastly, similar to the above, when using straight talk, when you pick the phone up to enter a keypad option or end the call, it defaults to TFlow.

I feel like i spend more time navigating through TF just getting back to what ever I was doing before the screen turned off.

michaelbrandonw 10-23-2009 11:36 AM

Re: Huge gripe with Prox/Wake-up

Sorry, MOD please move to TP2 disscussion forum. I thought that was where I was.

fr0st 10-23-2009 11:45 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

My phone doesnt that. When Im in a call it stays at the dialer screen. I would see if it goes away after you flash to a new rom..

CozBoogie 10-23-2009 12:09 PM

Moved to the general TP2 Forum.

late,
Coz

CovKid66 10-23-2009 12:27 PM

My phone does the same, but only when I revert back to using Manilla. If I use my standard SPB MobileShell it does not. This has got to be along the same lines / reasons possibly as this stickied thread.

xconwayx 10-23-2009 12:39 PM

My phone does the SAME thing. Makes me want to throw it against a wall at times. I hope there is a real fix not to get a new ROM or use SPB Mobileshell. This is kind of a big issue.

fr0st 10-23-2009 01:01 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Im using s2u2 I dont know if that stops this from happening. It was bother me too if it did that.

xconwayx 10-23-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr0st (Post 1257888)

Im using s2u2 I dont know if that stops this from happening. It was bother me too if it did that.

I am running S2U2 as well.

freeza 10-23-2009 01:21 PM

Interestingly enough, my phone doesn't revert back to TF3D at all. It goes back to the same program I was in before.

What is annoying about the proximity sensor is that it's enabled even with a bluetooth headset, which makes trying to do tasks very ANNOYING as the light will shut off and on randomly....

trmitche 10-25-2009 01:29 PM

My (almost) stock TP2 does not have this problem. It stays on the phone screen no matter how many times I trigger the prox. on/off.

The only things I have installed are the stickied cab in the main forum called "Touch Pro 2 Cleanup" and some custom taskbar/slider icons.

I don't remember having this problem even before I installed the above things. Strange.