PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Screen Protector - Smoothest when navigating? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92116)

nbaj2k 10-23-2009 11:12 AM

Screen Protector - Smoothest when navigating?

I apologize as i know there are a lot of screen protector threads out there.

I was trying to see what screen protector people reccomended that doesnt hae the tacky feel and when navigating feels as close to not using a screen protector at all.

I installed the protector that came with the phone last night and it isnt quite as smooth as i was hoping (although what can be expected from a free one). I was planning on ordering one today.

Ive seen some people reccomend the one from Boxwave.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

J

bryanw17 10-23-2009 11:15 AM

Re: Screen Protector - Smoothest when navigating?

i just received my boxwave crystal clear one not the anti glare and it looks really really good as if nothing is on the screen at all and navigation doesnt feel different at all

chetqwerty 10-23-2009 12:06 PM

Boxwave without a doubt. Feels like the original screen and is nearly bulletproof. Excellent finger flow, no choppy speed bumps at all.

Just have to make sure you get it on right the first time or its prone to dust specs because its so clear. Don't rub a finger nail on the sticky side because it makes the surface a little funky and it wont stick as well. Been there!

When installing favor a tight bottom edge (closer to the hard keys) because as you all have read here the screen isn't perfectly level and the upper edge near the earpiece tends to bevel out a bit and the Boxwave protector doesn't adhere well because of its rigidity.

nbaj2k 10-23-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryanw17 (Post 1257635)
i just received my boxwave crystal clear one not the anti glare and it looks really really good as if nothing is on the screen at all and navigation doesnt feel different at all

Does it feel much different then not having a screen protector on at all? I was very impressed with how smooth navigation was before I put on the screen protector that came with it, but now my finger sticks just a bit when scrolling with this one.

~J

NYC Guy 10-23-2009 01:29 PM

The Boxwave Crystal protector is by far the most natural one! :cheers:

bryanw17 10-23-2009 01:44 PM

yeah the boxwave is perfect its really as if nothing is there i suggest i know the other guy gets all like serious into it and puts it in water but i applied it yesterday and ill tell u wat i did,

got the shower running really hot and let it build up some steam which helps alot
then i got the cleaning cloth it came with and buffed it to not a spec of anything
i got an air duster thing and sprayed it a little i put it to the light in the bathroom to look for dirt and it was all clear, i then set it down got alchohol and rubbed my fingers (u probably dont need to i just wanted it perfect) i found the best way to apply is to line up the top edges almost to the edge and then slowly work the screen down, it came out perfect not one spec of anything it was perfect

Wozzer 10-24-2009 02:09 PM

I am in precisely the same situation as the OP. I took a look at my friend's iphone with "Power Support" brand anti-glare protector. I can tell you that that protector was ridiculously smooth. I can tell you that the surface is even LESS tacky than the stock iphone screen (not sure about the TP2 since I put the stock screen protector on immediately).

Now they don't make a version for the TP2. I saw one other post where someone mentioned the Boxwave Anti-glare was less tacky than the Cleartouch. My guess is most posters have only used the Cleartouch. I would say I'm about 80% sure that the Boxwave Anti-Glare is going to have the least tacky feeling. Caveat is that it will reduce screen brightness marginally and introduce some grain/warp to the image. HOWEVER, it almost completely conceals fingerprints, ergo it will reduce warp/smudge from fingerprints and therefore your overall operating visual quality will likely be similar.

nbaj2k 10-25-2009 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wozzer (Post 1260954)
I am in precisely the same situation as the OP. I took a look at my friend's iphone with "Power Support" brand anti-glare protector. I can tell you that that protector was ridiculously smooth. I can tell you that the surface is even LESS tacky than the stock iphone screen (not sure about the TP2 since I put the stock screen protector on immediately).

Now they don't make a version for the TP2. I saw one other post where someone mentioned the Boxwave Anti-glare was less tacky than the Cleartouch. My guess is most posters have only used the Cleartouch. I would say I'm about 80% sure that the Boxwave Anti-Glare is going to have the least tacky feeling. Caveat is that it will reduce screen brightness marginally and introduce some grain/warp to the image. HOWEVER, it almost completely conceals fingerprints, ergo it will reduce warp/smudge from fingerprints and therefore your overall operating visual quality will likely be similar.

Definitely interesting. Anyone have any luck with the Boxwave Anti-Glare? Or are most people's feelings that the Crystal protector is the best. I think if so Ill get the 3 pack since I've read how difficult it is to get that screen protector on perfectly.

~J

duofold 10-25-2009 02:35 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

anyone try Martin fields (overlay plus)? I used it during my palm tungsten t days but haven't heard anything about MF & tp2.

zizo72 10-25-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbaj2k (Post 1262569)
Definitely interesting. Anyone have any luck with the Boxwave Anti-Glare? Or are most people's feelings that the Crystal protector is the best. I think if so Ill get the 3 pack since I've read how difficult it is to get that screen protector on perfectly.

~J

Should be receivin 3 antiglares mon or tues..Will report back