PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to force app to stay running?

I know I've seen this somewhere.

I use Palringo and a couple other pieces of software that I want to have stay running. SEVEN stays running because there's a service that forces it to restart. But for the others, once they are closed, that's it.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2009, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Re: How to force app to stay running?

All settings > System > Task manager > button > unenable X button to end programs? Something like that may work. Or change it so you have to hold X to end it
Old 10-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

add the apps to the xbutton exclusive list and they will not shut down when tapping x

Old 10-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Guys...as I stated, they ARE CLOSING ON THEIR OWN. I already know how to configure those.

There is some type of memory management in WM that closes apps when it thinks it needs the resources. Somewhere there is a "whitelist" in the registry, or someplace, that prevents certain apps from being closed.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
Guys...as I stated, they ARE CLOSING ON THEIR OWN. I already know how to configure those.

There is some type of memory management in WM that closes apps when it thinks it needs the resources. Somewhere there is a "whitelist" in the registry, or someplace, that prevents certain apps from being closed.
Thats when you have less than 10% of RAM remaining. I think it is better to let it shut those apps down when you have so little RAM. There is a whitelist, but I think it is a regedit.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgourd View Post
Thats when you have less than 10% of RAM remaining. I think it is better to let it shut those apps down when you have so little RAM. There is a whitelist, but I think it is a regedit.
It's SUPPOSED to be when you have less then 10% of RAM, but I'm having it happen when I have more then 50% free. That regedit is what I'm trying to find.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

I'm having the same issue with my imagio. I've done all the memory tweaks already too. I can reboot, start coreplayer and minimize it, if I start any other app, even just to reply to a message, it will close coreplayer. Like I said this is after a fresh reboot, with 60-80MB free. There is an app called everapp that is supposed to force other apps to stay open, but no luck. Any ideas on this would be great.

Alltel / Verizon

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2