PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How to force app to stay running? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92112)

zim2323 10-23-2009 10:58 AM

How to force app to stay running?

I know I've seen this somewhere.

I use Palringo and a couple other pieces of software that I want to have stay running. SEVEN stays running because there's a service that forces it to restart. But for the others, once they are closed, that's it.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

subzero1313 10-23-2009 11:05 AM

Re: How to force app to stay running?

All settings > System > Task manager > button > unenable X button to end programs? Something like that may work. Or change it so you have to hold X to end it

Yay 4 Juggs 10-23-2009 11:06 AM

add the apps to the xbutton exclusive list and they will not shut down when tapping x

zim2323 10-23-2009 11:27 AM

Guys...as I stated, they ARE CLOSING ON THEIR OWN. I already know how to configure those.

There is some type of memory management in WM that closes apps when it thinks it needs the resources. Somewhere there is a "whitelist" in the registry, or someplace, that prevents certain apps from being closed.

dgourd 10-23-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2323 (Post 1257657)
Guys...as I stated, they ARE CLOSING ON THEIR OWN. I already know how to configure those.

There is some type of memory management in WM that closes apps when it thinks it needs the resources. Somewhere there is a "whitelist" in the registry, or someplace, that prevents certain apps from being closed.

Thats when you have less than 10% of RAM remaining. I think it is better to let it shut those apps down when you have so little RAM. There is a whitelist, but I think it is a regedit.

zim2323 10-23-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgourd (Post 1257844)
Thats when you have less than 10% of RAM remaining. I think it is better to let it shut those apps down when you have so little RAM. There is a whitelist, but I think it is a regedit.

It's SUPPOSED to be when you have less then 10% of RAM, but I'm having it happen when I have more then 50% free. That regedit is what I'm trying to find.

digi 10-24-2009 02:45 PM

I'm having the same issue with my imagio. I've done all the memory tweaks already too. I can reboot, start coreplayer and minimize it, if I start any other app, even just to reply to a message, it will close coreplayer. Like I said this is after a fresh reboot, with 60-80MB free. There is an app called everapp that is supposed to force other apps to stay open, but no luck. Any ideas on this would be great.