PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: While texting with hardare keyboard, it keeps adding a period if I double space?

I never knew it did that myself, thanks for pointing that out.........

~John
Old 10-23-2009, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Richcop is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Richcop Send a message via Yahoo to Richcop Send a message via Skype™ to Richcop
Talking Re: While texting with hardare keyboard, it keeps adding a period if I double space?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
I love this feature! I'll type like I'm trying to break the keyboard, but I don't double space in the mid dle of a sen tence. .
DERRR. That would be in the middle of the words, not sentence. Your so funny.... NOT!
Old 10-24-2009, 01:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: While texting with hardare keyboard, it keeps adding a period if I double space?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richcop View Post
Hey, I don't put the double space on purpose, just I don't think it makes the space and hit it again once in a while, but then instead of a space its a period in the middle of my sentence I mean you can control if it automatically adds a capital for the first word of each sentence under the input settings. I just can't see why there is not setting to stop the automatic period from happening. Does that make it a little clearer Nagrom? You sarcasim certainly did not help. As I saw from peoples replies, I am not the only one that would like to resolve this. Thanks to all!
The sarcasm was because you are asking for a fix for something that does not need to be fix. Real people don't have problems with putting double spaces in the middle of their sentences or words. Just don't hit the space bar 2 times and your "problem" is solved. You will also notice I told you where to look, but evidently you are too lazy and want someone else to do it for you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:30 AM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

This was without a doubt one of the most overdue features for windows mobile. It was miserable going back and forth between BlackBerry and WinMo and not having that feature.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richcop View Post
This has been driving me crazy, so here is my question, while using the TP2 hardware keyboard for texting how do you change it so that it does not insert a period every time I make an extra space? I tend to double space and it keeps adding a period in every two or three words. I have checked under settings/ input and anywhere else I could find. Thank you for any help on this
Testing is full of misspellings, deliberate and otherwise, why worry about it? I'm sure a solution has been suggested that works, but isn't that part of the charm? I know you are embarressed becuase you are a male teacher texting your female students, but don't worry, they won't think you're dumb, nor will the cops monitoring it all. (j/k) )
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 1 Evo LTE 1 Samsung GSIII & Toshiba Excite 10

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wow, the aggressiveness over this topic is a little ridiculous. I know exactly where the op is coming from. I have 2 TP2's, 1 has a very sensitive space bar. Sometimes when shooting a quick text, I'm not always using strict grammar. So this. happens a lot. So while I don't mind the. double space that much, sometimes. it's a little hard for people. to follow my texts if I miss the period HTC added. for me. I would love. to turn this feature off.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

I can honestly say I've had the phone for 6 wks and have yet to have any periods in the middle of my sentences, but thank you for bringing this feature to my attention.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Richcop is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Richcop Send a message via Yahoo to Richcop Send a message via Skype™ to Richcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
The sarcasm was because you are asking for a fix for something that does not need to be fix. Real people don't have problems with putting double spaces in the middle of their sentences or words. Just don't hit the space bar 2 times and your "problem" is solved. You will also notice I told you where to look, but evidently you are too lazy and want someone else to do it for you.
Nagrom,

Its funny, some other people seem to understand and it bothers them also. If it does not affect you, why don't you get a life and move to the next thread. I see threads on here that don't seem to have any purpose for me, but I don't stop and offer useless sarcasm. Thanks to everyone for the input. I was just wondering if there was a quick cab to fix this floating around as I am only going on my second year with Windows Mobiles devices and have read through almost every thread that looked relevant.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch pro2
Carrier: verizon

bornskilled200 is a n00b

Lol, nvm i spoke too fast. I though i saw the setting somewhere in the Input settings XD.

Last edited by bornskilled200; 10-24-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
i dont see how this is any different from the people that wanted the sleep button disabled when the keyboard is open. all they have to do is not hit the sleep button right??

its not stupid at all. i guess you never make mistakes when u type but this happens to me all the time and it would be nice if there was a fix

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2