PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   While texting with hardare keyboard, it keeps adding a period if I double space? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92092)

Beandogg 04-15-2010 09:19 AM

Re: While texting with hardare keyboard, it keeps adding a period if I double space?

Thanks for figuring this out, I've been going nuts wondering why this was happening. I think I have a twitchy thumb and always get the period.

I tried remapping the keys with Rhodium keyboard config, but it can't override this function. Tried everything and would love for this to be eliminated.

The period is right by the spacebar...how much time could this actually save?

kroewe 04-18-2010 08:27 PM

Re: While texting with hardare keyboard, it keeps adding a period if I double space?

I like this feature even if i do get an accidental period once in a while.
i had my phone for about 2 months before even figuring out that this feature exsisted.

for those that didnt know...if you long press a letter on the keyboard it will automatically capitalize that letter.

dumpringz 04-18-2010 09:11 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i type 100mph sometimes & since i have the tendency(only on a tp2)to double tap characters this feature is a p.i.t.a ... that whole double tapping thing is another issue in itself because i dont think i really do double tap keys but both tp2s seem to have me "tyypping likke this" sometimes

carrmic 05-16-2010 09:55 AM

I also do not like this "feature". my spacebar seems a little tighter than the rest of the keys and I wind up double spacing by accident alot. Hope someone can find a tweak for this setting.

Huggybear 05-16-2010 11:39 AM

Wow! All this hate for a simple question.

I feel the pain as well. If someone is looking to fix this problem, I would be particularly interested in the ability to:
* see a complete list of these features
* selectively turn some of these features on or off

SolApathy 05-16-2010 11:47 AM

Well guess I'll drop in my 2 cents. Every device is different. I have 3 TP 2's on my account (Wife; Brother-in-law; myself) On my TP 2 the space bare is insanely sensitive. I add a periods that I don't want all the time. On my wife's I never have the problem, nor have I had the issue when typing on my Brother-in-law's TP 2.

Even when testing side by side (just the space bar) it jumps 2 spaces when it is hit once...I am moving to the Evo next month so I am not all that concerned anymore but it would have been nice to have the ability to disable the feature.

carrmic 06-07-2010 04:40 PM

I have the same problem with this. My spacebar is a bit tight and double presses often. not only does it insert a period, but it capitalizes the next word becaus it thinks I'm starting a new sentence. So it can change the whole meaning of what I am trying to say. There must be a registry setting for this somewhere. Help please! :)