PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 05:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jason559 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to jason559 Send a message via MSN to jason559
A2DP audio quality

Can anyone share their experiences with the audio quality by bluetooth headset? I have a pair of Jabras and the sound is just horrible. I made changes to add the LineSpeed value to the registry, didn't seem to make much of a difference. I used these on my old TP and they sounded great.

Any suggestions on improving audio quality?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Elite Precision is keeping up the good workElite Precision is keeping up the good work
Re: A2DP audio quality

I use the moto sd-9hd and the voice and stereo quality is impeccable. i highly recommend it.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

neodarksaver is just getting started

I have the LG HBS-200 headset. I would say it's pretty good overall. but definitely a big step down from my other expensive headphones i use on my computer.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

madmax2k1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Precision View Post
I use the moto sd-9hd and the voice and stereo quality is impeccable. i highly recommend it.
I have the moto S9, and it sounds very very good, even with streamed audio.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:38 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

i hooked mine up to my car stereo via bluetooth and it sounds pretty good. dont know if this helps u or not lol

Old 10-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

No problems here bro...
I too use the Moto S9HD set and I use them at the gym and at work all the time. I also have a (hmmmm... what do you call this thing?) it's a little bluetooth receiver that receives my stereo bluetooth music only. It plugs into anything that receives an ipod and I use that in my car for music and it's great. It's fun to go to someone's home and plug my little receiver into their stereo and play my music off my 16 gb card.
So... back to your original post. I have no experience nor do I know anyone who has your particular headphones but I think something might be wrong with them. You shoul try them out on your TP again and or try them on another device. Secondly try your phone with other headsets if you can. Then decide if you need new heaphones or a new phone.
Hope this helps. I know it's not much.
p.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

Elite Precision is keeping up the good workElite Precision is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2k1 View Post
I have the moto S9, and it sounds very very good, even with streamed audio.
I concurr, audio on streaming radio is perfect. its the best stereo bt headset i have found.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6850

jasoraso is just getting started

I wonder if the OP's phone is transmitting the audio using the A2DP profile, or the headset profile? I've paired my TP2 with my BT car stereo, which has both the headset profile and and the A2DP profile - and the phone switched on the setting to route ALL system sounds through BT, and it defaulted to the Headset profile. The sound was horrible. Once I switched the profile to A2DP - it sounded MUCH better.

P.S. - the telephone calls on my Kenwood BT (by Parrot) don't sound very good at - very tinny on my end ... does anyone have any suggestions?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Jason,
Jasoraso has a good point... I don't think it wil work, but it's wort a try... If you turn bluetooth on and go into your settings screen and select Menu and bluetooth devices... then pick the tab on the left top corner (looks like 3 gears) then tap advanced scroll down and tap audio... Now... check and see if the box labled play system sounds on remote hands-free device is checked. if it is... uncheck it and try your headphones again. If it isn't then Jasorasco and I are barking up the wrong tree.
Either way, update us.
p.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

jason559 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to jason559 Send a message via MSN to jason559

Thanks so much guys! I went into the settings and a little set of green arrows was next to "hands-free" but not next to "stero audio", clicked on it after turning off "Play system sounds on remote hands-free device". Works perfectly now, stero sound too. AWESOME

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2