PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: Bought new TP2 from ebay, got activated but now Sprint said it was stolen

If they haven't already they probably won't.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

quid246 is just getting started

And this is why I will go without a TP2 until Verizon restocks, Ebay is not worth it.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium
Threadstarter

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Yah I am sooo confused about all these.

I mean if the owner/seller call in this morning to Sprint to release the ESN and I was able to activate it after that, then why tonight the fraud dept call me to say it was stolen?

Maybe the Sprint rep this AM didnt do the job right?

Anyhow if the frauld dept call me back tomorrow I have to give him the seller ID. I just hope to keep the phone. I put the screen protector on the first time and it was SPOTLESS and NO DUST. So I dont want to do this all over again on another phone.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

quid246 is just getting started

Yeah, the best thing to do is be fully cooperative with Sprint. If you are on the level with them, all the more likely they will let you keep the phone as part of a customer goodwill.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i770 tp2
Carrier: verizon

BeanAnimal is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

theres two things u can do the first one is illegal(and we dont talk about that here)!! and two u could sell it to someone on verizon,tmoblie,at&t telling them the esn is bad on sprint! at least u get ur money back! sorry for what u have gone threw but u got to keep moving!!!
Sorry, but that is the most moronic advice I have ever heard. You tell him NOT to do something illegal but then tell him to put the STOLEN PHONE back on eBay?

Good grief... get a clue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

bmrisko is becoming a great contributor

Just my $.02, but Insurance fraud...claimed the one he sold you was "stolen" and sold the insurance replacement to the other buyer on eBay. What else did he buy and sell to get his 65 feedbacks? One could easily amass 65 transactions by buying and selling coupons, etc. Also, maybe he doesn't realize he did anything wrong which is why he called.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Ice Cold is a n00b

Spend the $10 file a suit in small claims against Sprint to show verifyable proof that it is stolen of not you want a court order to allow you to activate the phone.

Sprint will not show in court, you get you court order send that certified mail to Sprint

BOOM
Old 10-22-2009, 10:10 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

First of all, to the people implying that buying a phone on eBay is a bad idea:

I have been buying as well as selling phones on eBay for the past 4 years. The only time anything bad ever happened was when I bought my first TP2, and it had nothing to do with a bad ESN. I returned the phone to the seller and he refused a refund, that's all. PayPal got that squared away quickly and got me my money back. One important thing about buying on eBay with an ESN based service like Sprint is that you make sure the seller guarantees clean ESN, and accepts returns. Almost all of them do both of those things. I got my second one off eBay as well and couldn't be happier. I didn't have to extend my contract, and the total price was cheaper than if I had (after taxes & shipping).

Now, on to your situation...

Does the seller you bought from accept returns on the item? If so, deactivate it and return it amicably. If the seller refuses your return of the item, file a dispute with PayPal (HOPEFULLY, you used PayPal. Buyer protection is nice to have). They will get your situation resolved.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
yea sorry for outcome i mainly use craigslist and call when have the phone in hand.
same here but i think thats a dmv thing i dont even trust my next door neighbor!!! lls

Old 10-22-2009, 10:25 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I love ebay, bottom line there is always someone out there looking to screw people. You and your TP2 will be ok they will go after the person that sold it to you (If they even take it that far).

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2