PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Help! not seeing memory card (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91964)

Bender953 10-22-2009 04:20 PM

Help! not seeing memory card

I have a VZW TP2 and this afternoon I got a error screen for one of the programs on my storage card. I then noticed my 16g memory card was no longer found. I reset the phone and pulled out the card and reinstalled it but no luck. Any ideas? I havent seen anyone else mention this issue. Im on the stock VZW rom havent changed it.

dgourd 10-22-2009 04:28 PM

Re: Help! not seeing memory card

Same thing happened to me. Do you have a SanDisk card? Cause mine was a 16gb SanDisk. Put it in your computer and format it to FAT32, then reinsert it in your phone. You might have to do it a couple of times.

Backup first if you can!!

mlin 10-22-2009 04:30 PM

This happened to me once with my 8GB when the card was somehow corrupted. Formatting seemed to fix things and it hasn't happened since... Good luick!

MrGoodCat 10-22-2009 04:30 PM

i had an issue with a 4gb card when i first got the phone, installed one cab off it, then it wouldn't work. i'd reset and it would show up in file explorer but as soon as i tried to use it would disappear. turned out to be the card. i am now using my 1gb that i have had for ages and it works great.

ps i believe there is a thread here somewhere that deals with specifically 16gb class 6 cards, that could shed some more light on your specific case.

Bender953 10-22-2009 05:45 PM

Thanks guys! Will try it. The one thing I miss the most is my rss feed to this forum! lol

CovKid66 10-22-2009 06:02 PM

Per chance did you put the card in your computer to see if it was readable there? I can't help you with your actual problem of why this hapened, but if you find the card is damaged / corrupt and need to recover some data, try this.

Boo Boo 10-22-2009 06:15 PM

glad my 2gb card never has issues

Dragon2 10-22-2009 06:17 PM

thanks button works great OP....

yea, format to fat 32... you should do that with any new card you get...........

Dragon2 10-22-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender953 (Post 1255433)
Thanks guys! Will try it. The one thing I miss the most is my rss feed to this forum! lol

Dont ya have a rss feeder and cant ya add this forum??????????

kern417 10-22-2009 06:31 PM

it may seem stupid but this happened to me whenever i connected my phone to the computer because it was set up as a 'disk transfer' sync with the computer. i thought it had messed up until i realized when you disconnect it from the computer it comes back.

formatting will probably address your issue better though