PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Bender953 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help! not seeing memory card

I have a VZW TP2 and this afternoon I got a error screen for one of the programs on my storage card. I then noticed my 16g memory card was no longer found. I reset the phone and pulled out the card and reinstalled it but no luck. Any ideas? I havent seen anyone else mention this issue. Im on the stock VZW rom havent changed it.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Help! not seeing memory card

Same thing happened to me. Do you have a SanDisk card? Cause mine was a 16gb SanDisk. Put it in your computer and format it to FAT32, then reinsert it in your phone. You might have to do it a couple of times.

Backup first if you can!!
Old 10-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

This happened to me once with my 8GB when the card was somehow corrupted. Formatting seemed to fix things and it hasn't happened since... Good luick!
Old 10-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

i had an issue with a 4gb card when i first got the phone, installed one cab off it, then it wouldn't work. i'd reset and it would show up in file explorer but as soon as i tried to use it would disappear. turned out to be the card. i am now using my 1gb that i have had for ages and it works great.

ps i believe there is a thread here somewhere that deals with specifically 16gb class 6 cards, that could shed some more light on your specific case.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Bender953 is a n00b

Thanks guys! Will try it. The one thing I miss the most is my rss feed to this forum! lol
Old 10-22-2009, 06:02 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Per chance did you put the card in your computer to see if it was readable there? I can't help you with your actual problem of why this hapened, but if you find the card is damaged / corrupt and need to recover some data, try this.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

glad my 2gb card never has issues
Old 10-22-2009, 06:17 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks button works great OP....

yea, format to fat 32... you should do that with any new card you get...........
Old 10-22-2009, 06:20 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender953 View Post
Thanks guys! Will try it. The one thing I miss the most is my rss feed to this forum! lol
Dont ya have a rss feeder and cant ya add this forum??????????
Old 10-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

it may seem stupid but this happened to me whenever i connected my phone to the computer because it was set up as a 'disk transfer' sync with the computer. i thought it had messed up until i realized when you disconnect it from the computer it comes back.

formatting will probably address your issue better though

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2