PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint TP2 endless reboot loop - keeps restarting itself (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91896)

imadork8317 10-22-2009 11:43 AM

Sprint TP2 endless reboot loop - keeps restarting itself

:-x I hope someone can help me, I have a Sprint Touch Pro2. Last night it randomly started rebooting itsself, i was not loading a new rom, i was not installed any software, i wasn't doing anything other that texting and IMing people. After i removed the SD Card, there were a few times i got it to load to the unlock screen, but once i got passed that it would say "starting device activation..." or something like that. Then i got it loaded but Touch Flo 3D would not automatically start. So i removed the battery and restarted it again and i went to bed and left it charging, and it kept restart itself again, when i woke up it the phone was dead, and will not turn on. The charging light is on but it will not turn on. :-x

I hate the idea of having to reinstall all my apps and redoing the customizations for the phone.

adam12 10-22-2009 01:21 PM

Re: Sprint TP2 endless reboot loop - keeps restarting itself

It happened to me a few weeks ago. After 4 hour on the phone with tech support, I had to nuke it and start clean...Sorry man.

raziel 10-31-2009 11:31 AM

I have the same problem and nuking it didn't help. Thank god for TEP. That's the 4th time I used it this year! Went through 3 Touch Pros and now a TP2 that I've had for a month!

CYtouchPro2 11-13-2009 12:37 AM

Just got mine a few weeks ago. Loaded some apps. Was working fine and suddenly would not sync properly. Thought a reboot would do it good. Then started to reboot constantly. Took out the MicroSD and it booted ok. Don't know if it was an apps I installed or the Hotfix for caller ID (RHO08431.exe) downloaded from the HTC web page. Will remove all and try one at a time.

dadoc04 11-13-2009 06:55 AM

mine is now not turning on at all... Ive plug it into teh wall charger and computer and the phone will not come on at all... Although the orange light does come on when plugged in

flyers2114 11-13-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadoc04 (Post 1325155)
mine is now not turning on at all... Ive plug it into teh wall charger and computer and the phone will not come on at all... Although the orange light does come on when plugged in

TEP time....

dadoc04 11-13-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 1325262)
TEP time....

yea man... i think so too... :angry7:

should I worry about my phone being unlocked and having a custom rom on it? Theres no way for me to hard reset or anything , so im not sure what to do... Thanks.

flyers2114 11-13-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadoc04 (Post 1325314)
yea man... i think so too... :angry7:

should I worry about my phone being unlocked and having a custom rom on it? Theres no way for me to hard reset or anything , so im not sure what to do... Thanks.

Nah I wouldnt worry about it...there is a hardware failure some where in it...they wont be able to acess it...nor will they probably try...

dadoc04 11-13-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 1325396)
Nah I wouldnt worry about it...there is a hardware failure some where in it...they wont be able to acess it...nor will they probably try...

Thanks man. I will take it into the store.