PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001
Drat.. Phone no longer charging or showing any battery info...

Well today after my internet issues and my contact duplication remedy with outlook. (just a mess of a way to start the day) now my phone won't charge (or at least looks like it isnt).

For some reason the status in NueBattery shows it as charging but all the readings are 0 and when you plug it into either USB or AC no orange light goes on and nothing on the phone itself changes... Very odd. Ive done soft resets and taken the battery out a bunch to no avail. Ima try a hard reset and if that does not work I guess Ill get in touch with the sprint store and see if they have any TP2 batteries or just TP2's in stock to replace it with since im still under the 30 days... Weird I have never had a phone go bad on me this early.

Phone History with Sprint: Samsung N400 (Lockup King) - Toshiba VM4050 (Great Screen. No BT) - PPC6700 (Squishy Touchscreen) - Mogul (USB Port No More) - Touch Pro (Davy Jones Locker) - Touch Pro 2 (Oldie But Goodie) - HTC Arrive (I<3WP) : History of Pocket PC's: Dell Axim X50V WM6.5.3 (Still the best VGA PDA gaming and multimedia device since 2004)
Old 10-21-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001
Re: Drat.. Phone no longer charging or showing any battery info...

Hmm hard reset seams to have fixed it.. Hmm. Will look into a cleaner customization this time around. For its first Hard Reset since unboxing it did go through quite an extensive ammount of tweeking.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:18 AM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

I have installed the NueBattery driver for the CDMA TP2 and have the same problem. Says charging but everything shows 0's. Have uninstalled reset reinstalled ect with no luck. I was hoping to get a little USB fast charge action

Uninstall fixes it but thats the wrong direction , I want it installed and working. Advice?
Old 10-23-2009, 05:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

FWIW, I've haven't had any problems with the NueBattery driver that is part of GoodThings2Life's Clean up Cab and Tweaks.
I'm also using stock HTC OEM batteries (RHOD160).

<knock on wood>
Old 10-23-2009, 12:44 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
FWIW, I've haven't had any problems with the NueBattery driver that is part of GoodThings2Life's Clean up Cab and Tweaks.
I'm also using stock HTC OEM batteries (RHOD160).

<knock on wood>
Thats where I fist got it from for my TP2 also, by installing the clean up and it worked fine. the problem is I dont want to disable Push Internet and the Proxy tweak made my TF3D slow to a crawl. So I did a hard reset and am trying to selectively install just the tweaks i want but the NueBattery is kicking my ***. Its one of those things that after you have had it you just cant live without

So the NueCPL works fine but I am only getting a 400MHa charge and I would like to get it back to 800+ if possible.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Weird you are having trouble with fast charge. I deleted all the power/battery cabs I had then just installed the 1% Driver and the NueCPL and so far everythings dandy. On AC my battery always charges up to a peak of 878mAh so on this phone i have never had to use fastcharge and heck it seams to do nothing when I checked the box for it in that NueBattery app that nue released for the TP2. Something with that app methinks was screwing with the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Which dashboard are you using to see the 1% battery meter tweak? I installed sdkcerts.cab and FInixNOverBatteryIconsOnly.cab as well.

I left all the NuepowerCPL battery tweaks alone, made no further changes.

-Ed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2