PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Um..... Sprint

rodslinger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Simultaneous CDMA and GSM on TP2....

I've seen dual sim GSM phones with both SIM's active at the same time. Asus has the relatively new Glofish DX900 which is a WinMO 6.1 device. It allows simultaneous dual SIM operation. The dialer even has two send keys so you can choose which one to call out on.

When we get the SPL unlock for the CDMA devices, what are the odds that we can get a firmware or radio upgrade that will allow the CDMA and GSM radios active at the same time similar to a dual GSM unit? I'd like to be able to keep my work SIM from ATT in my TP2 and use it alongside my Sprint service in the same device.

I'd be willing to pick up one of the chinese dual sim knockoffs that run WinMO in the background so we can rip the dialer out of it....
Old 10-22-2009, 04:09 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Re: Simultaneous CDMA and GSM on TP2....

I didn't know about that, but when I put an AT&T SIM card in my Verizon TP2, I can choose which network I want to join, but not necessarily which network I want to use to make a call/use data on. What would happen if both signals received a phone call? Self-destruct?
Old 10-22-2009, 07:20 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rodslinger is a n00b

On the dual GSM models they all seem to be able to handle both channels taking calls at the same time. A few of the demo videos shows the phone actually placing a call out from one SIM to the other SIM and the phone showing that same incoming call.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It will let you use CDMA and GSM at the same time (assuming you have service in both). You can choose that in your phone settings. In terms of placing a call to yourself, IDK.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodslinger View Post
I've seen dual sim GSM phones with both SIM's active at the same time. Asus has the relatively new Glofish DX900 which is a WinMO 6.1 device. It allows simultaneous dual SIM operation. The dialer even has two send keys so you can choose which one to call out on.

When we get the SPL unlock for the CDMA devices, what are the odds that we can get a firmware or radio upgrade that will allow the CDMA and GSM radios active at the same time similar to a dual GSM unit? I'd like to be able to keep my work SIM from ATT in my TP2 and use it alongside my Sprint service in the same device.

I'd be willing to pick up one of the chinese dual sim knockoffs that run WinMO in the background so we can rip the dialer out of it....
theres an option when you go to all settings and phone for global network, which I believe will let you use CDMA first and if no signal is found it will go to GSM, thats on my sprint tp2 though.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rodslinger is a n00b

I know in global mode it allows both systems to operate but they aren't really both active. If the phone is using the CDMA system it will not receive calls or texts from the GSM side.

Here is a video of how the Acer DX900 running WinMO6.1 handles the two lines. I'd like to see our TP2 be able to do the same...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igGjoHe8fPI
Old 10-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So this would not work State Side with a VZW TP2 and say an ATT Sim Card?

Could not get phone call on ATT Sim # and get calls on the CDMA VZW?

And to that fact, no way of dictating txt/mms and data to be used ONLY on CDMA and GSM ATT Sim?

What I am looking for is 2 numbers (1 CDMA and 1 ATT Sim) and both active. Want to get calls on either line. Don't care at this point to have the ability to dial out specificly on CDMA/GSM from the dial pad (would be great but can live with dialing out only via CDMA).

Thanks.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 10-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro 2

bpd138 is a n00b

Hello,
Is it possible to use an AT&T sim card in my HTC Touch Pro2? If so what would I have to do to make it work?
Thanks,
Willie
Old 10-22-2009, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Id kill for the ability to use both at the same time
Old 10-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rodslinger is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
So this would not work State Side with a VZW TP2 and say an ATT Sim Card?

Could not get phone call on ATT Sim # and get calls on the CDMA VZW?

And to that fact, no way of dictating txt/mms and data to be used ONLY on CDMA and GSM ATT Sim?
Not with the current configuration. Even with the phone in global mode it will only make/receive calls and texts on the CDMA side unless it loses signal then switches to the GSM side. When the CDMA signal comes back it switches back and cuts off GSM again.

I'm hoping someone cooks up a ROM or radio patch that allows them to be both active at the same time similar to the Asus DX900 at the link above.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2