PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67
Thumbs up Phone As Modem for Sprint TP 2 (fixed!!)

Ok if any else like myself have had issues with getting PAM to work on the Sprint Touch Pro 2, then you know it is frustrating. Some say disabling CMgaurdian will fix this, but on my device the values that were give for that fix acutally were not there. Well I was just digging around in the registry with PHM and found a fix to get PAM to work. So here it is....

Step 1:

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/InternetSharing- Change "last cell connection" value to "Sprint"

Step 2:

HKLM/Comm/InternetSharing/Settings- Delete forced cell connection

Step 3:

Then do a soft reset and that is all when your phone comes back on go to internet sharing program and the second drop down will still be there.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:37 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Phone As Modem for Sprint TP 2 (fixed!!)

isnt there a thread on this already?

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

John1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
isnt there a thread on this already?
Yup..
Old 10-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This fix doesn't work because HTC's CM Guardian will revert the changes after a while. You need to disable that before you can do this
Old 10-21-2009, 09:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

that is true they will go back after a soft reset my advice is just use wmwifirouter.havent seen any extra charges
Old 10-21-2009, 09:50 PM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

but there IS a thread about PAM correct. I have been using mine just fine but thats not to say others arnt having problem and Im glad you have a solution, all Im trying to point out is that there are already ALOT of threads about PAM and thats where this kind of stuff needs to stay.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
that is true they will go back after a soft reset my advice is just use wmwifirouter.havent seen any extra charges
Actually no it won't because if you read my post I say to do a soft reset. CMgaurdian does not revert it if you do it the way I post. I have searched for a fix on here and the ones I have found did not work, that is why I posted this.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

bmrisko is becoming a great contributor

I haven't touched CM Guardian and my changes are still there after a couple weeks and numerous soft resets...
Old 10-21-2009, 10:21 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
I haven't touched CM Guardian and my changes are still there after a couple weeks and numerous soft resets...
me ether but he might have a conflicting circumstance (however misguided it is)
Old 10-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I did the CM Guardian tweak (4) and the usual settings, and they stayed the same after numerous soft resets. but I keep getting Error 67 unless I initiate a data connection first by updating weather or something.

No problems with WMWifiRouter other than it never letting me turn off the screen and hanging a lot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
internet sharing, phone as modem