PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Phone As Modem for Sprint TP 2 (fixed!!) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91806)

bigchico67 10-21-2009 09:34 PM

Phone As Modem for Sprint TP 2 (fixed!!)

Ok if any else like myself have had issues with getting PAM to work on the Sprint Touch Pro 2, then you know it is frustrating. Some say disabling CMgaurdian will fix this, but on my device the values that were give for that fix acutally were not there. Well I was just digging around in the registry with PHM and found a fix to get PAM to work. So here it is....

Step 1:

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/InternetSharing- Change "last cell connection" value to "Sprint"

Step 2:

HKLM/Comm/InternetSharing/Settings- Delete forced cell connection

Step 3:

Then do a soft reset and that is all when your phone comes back on go to internet sharing program and the second drop down will still be there.

WarChild 10-21-2009 09:37 PM

Re: Phone As Modem for Sprint TP 2 (fixed!!)

isnt there a thread on this already?

John1 10-21-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 1252829)
isnt there a thread on this already?

Yup..

EGOvoruhk 10-21-2009 09:40 PM

This fix doesn't work because HTC's CM Guardian will revert the changes after a while. You need to disable that before you can do this

Rager02 10-21-2009 09:45 PM

that is true they will go back after a soft reset my advice is just use wmwifirouter.havent seen any extra charges

WarChild 10-21-2009 09:50 PM

but there IS a thread about PAM correct. I have been using mine just fine but thats not to say others arnt having problem and Im glad you have a solution, all Im trying to point out is that there are already ALOT of threads about PAM and thats where this kind of stuff needs to stay.

bigchico67 10-21-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmaine02 (Post 1252853)
that is true they will go back after a soft reset my advice is just use wmwifirouter.havent seen any extra charges

Actually no it won't because if you read my post I say to do a soft reset. CMgaurdian does not revert it if you do it the way I post. I have searched for a fix on here and the ones I have found did not work, that is why I posted this.

bmrisko 10-21-2009 10:10 PM

I haven't touched CM Guardian and my changes are still there after a couple weeks and numerous soft resets...

WarChild 10-21-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmrisko (Post 1252926)
I haven't touched CM Guardian and my changes are still there after a couple weeks and numerous soft resets...

me ether but he might have a conflicting circumstance (however misguided it is)

Edwood 10-21-2009 10:51 PM

I did the CM Guardian tweak (4) and the usual settings, and they stayed the same after numerous soft resets. but I keep getting Error 67 unless I initiate a data connection first by updating weather or something.

No problems with WMWifiRouter other than it never letting me turn off the screen and hanging a lot.