PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New TP2 phone, but activated in someone else account

it was probably just shipped pre-activated. im sure it will resolve itself soon because the seller probably lost the use of a line.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

your best bet would be to go to a store and have them try it. make sure you have the persons first last name and that it matches the person account.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

maybe the seller is waiting to get a rebate approval?
i just hope he isnt planning on making an asurion claim on your device

PS: you can activate the phone while its still NIB, the barcodes on the side of the box tell you the esn

Last edited by Aleki; 10-21-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TNTRMSKD is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
maybe the seller is waiting to get a rebate approval?
i just hope he isnt planning on making an asurion claim on your device

PS: you can activate the phone while its still NIB, the barcodes on the side of the box tell you the esn
That is a definite possibility. When I upgraded to the TP, I sold my Mogul to a friend. I did all my own activation via Sprint's website. Not 10 minutes after I activated my TP, my friend activated my old Mogul on his account via Sprint's website, and we had no issues. When I upgraded to the TP2, the same friend bought my old TP and we went through almost an identical process. Again, no issues.

Something smells fishy about this whole situation. You can only have ONE phone active on any given time per line/number. That is to say, when I activated my TP, my Mogul and its ESN were immediately released. Same applies to when I activated the TP2 (TP and its ESN were immediately released). Since the rep didn't tell you the phone's ESN was reported lost/stolen/etc, it is technically 'clean' and just linked to an active account. Now you have to ask yourself, who would maintain an open account with minutes and airtime being paid for but going unused...?

The only thing I can think of, is maybe the owner recently canceled their contract with Sprint, or is waiting for their number to be ported out to another carrier. If that was the case, it's possible that the phone will remain linked to their account until the closure/port is successful (which in rare cases can take a few days).

-Mike
Old 10-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

Working for Sprint here is what happened: He purchased the phone for his account, Upgrade or whatever, However when purchasing like this that Esn is attached to the line that was upgraded to REGARDLESS if it was touched, Activated or Anything, If the owner does not remove it, Then go to a store they can as Sprint looses money if you are not able to get service on the phone.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium
Threadstarter

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I got everything working now doing the activation on the web. The seller call into Sprint and he call me because I didnt want to wait.

The seller said Sprint key in the ESN at the store to prevent it from stolen. Heard of this before?

The seller sold another new TP2 too and he got a + feedback for that.

With bing, I got it new for $362.

Now going to sell my Treo Pro tomorrow.

Last edited by chong67; 10-22-2009 at 12:13 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2