PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 07:52 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Barcode Scanner/Reader

Wirelessly posted (Sprint/1.0/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Anyone use a barcode scanner on the TP2? I believe there are a few different apps (I've seen for the TP1), but not sure how well they work on the TP2.

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 10-22-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Barcode Scanner

there are a couple out now but in my experience they dont work very effeciently. there is another that should be out soon called Shopsavvy in the Marketplace that i am looking forward to

Shopsavvy
Old 10-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

I use this one from windows. Works good. Its a tag reader.
Attached Files
File Type: cab TagReader.CAB (211.2 KB, 63 views) Click for barcode!

Give some
Old 10-22-2009, 04:26 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

How about QuickMark? Anyone try that? Apparently the advanced version has the desired capabilities. http://www.quickmark.com.tw/En/basic...HTC_Touch_Pro2

EDIT: Came across another app - I-Nigma. Anyone try that?

EDIT #2: I found another program that seems to work well with 1D barcodes - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...55#post3606355

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 10-22-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:43 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

Okay, so I tested a few scanners.

It seems the Microsoft Tag Reader is for its own specific tags. It doesn't read UPC 1D or Matrx 2D codes. It opens the link in Opera (if you disable us IE). I believe it has multiple purposes as well (vCard, product info, links, etc...).

Here is a sample Microsoft Tag (try it):

I-Nigma (latest version 3.01.08, which I downloaded free from their site, is attached here. There is an old version 1.40 available on freewareppc.com which also works - I tested it). I-Nigma works great on 2D codes. Automatically recognizes the codes.

Here are 3 sample 2D codes you can try with I-Nigma (firs is QR code, 2nd is Semacode, 3rd is DataMatrix.):

I also tried the BarcodeZilla. This does read UPC barcodes ( you need a steady hand!!). I tried it on a box of Cheerios, and a pack of AAA batteries. It is tempermental, but works. It shows the UPC code, and item, and it seems like a selling price on ebay? Kinda vague. There is also an option to browse on the internet using the code. I recommend using the Lite version. It accesses the internet instead of catalogs inventory (if you want to catalog your books, etc...). This program seems good if it wasn't so sensitive. I have to have such a steady hand, and there is a capture botton (last 2 programs automatically recognized the barcodes).

All these codes were found on Wikipedia.
Attached Files
File Type: cab iNigmaReader.CAB (500.6 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:33 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I use QuickMark and did pay for the advance capabilities. It will read 1D barcodes and then search on google or whatever you set up. I like it and it works well. They also sent me this tiny magnifier that sticks to the phone over the lens so you can get better pics of the barcode. Haven't needed it, but it's cute.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 10-22-2009, 11:47 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
I use QuickMark and did pay for the advance capabilities. It will read 1D barcodes and then search on google or whatever you set up. I like it and it works well. They also sent me this tiny magnifier that sticks to the phone over the lens so you can get better pics of the barcode. Haven't needed it, but it's cute.
How well does it read the UPC 1D bar codes? What info does it give you? Where does it send you when searching on the net? How accurate & sensitive is the camera? Does it pick it up immediately like the 2D readers? Does it use the cameras autofocus/zoom feature?

I think that mini magnifying glass is really meant for the iPhone (It look nice with a bedazzled iPhone, lol!)

P.S. I-Nigma isn't reading the barcode in your sig. What is it?

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 10-22-2009 at 11:49 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2