PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

Vaudou is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Home Weather City Change??

is there anyway to switch the "My Location" on the home screen to a manually inputed city? My Location doesn't work and staring at a blank weather tab is really depressing...
Old 06-17-2010, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo
Carrier: Sprint

subprime is keeping up the good worksubprime is keeping up the good work
Re: Home Weather City Change??

I haven't seen anything but mine would never show one either. I think it was because none of the cities around me could be added to the weather tab. There's a cab around that I installed that adds a ton more locations and after that my location always worked for me. I don't remember the exact name and don't have it with me to post but it was by Conflipper. I know that doesn't answer your question exactly but I can post the cab later if you can't find it.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Go to the weather tab, click on menu than add location.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Then go back to the home tab, tap the clock and then choose the new city.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by subprime View Post
I haven't seen anything but mine would never show one either. I think it was because none of the cities around me could be added to the weather tab. There's a cab around that I installed that adds a ton more locations and after that my location always worked for me. I don't remember the exact name and don't have it with me to post but it was by Conflipper. I know that doesn't answer your question exactly but I can post the cab later if you can't find it.

Here is the editor, but doesn't work with Sense on, it will shut it off for you. I think you have to go to accuweather and enter your location, see how your city is spelled and enter it like that. I just find a city in my state and hit menu>Copy and just put my city name (in CAPS) on the bottom line and the city name in the fashion you want to see it in on the middle line. I tried that add all cities, but it kept crashing and rebooting my TP2. So I deleted it.
Attached Files
File Type: cab JVH3_WeatherCityEditor_v3.0.CAB (296.8 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: u.s cellular

thankobidient is a n00b

Are u a U.S.Cellular customer?
If yes then you to have to wait couples weeks before u can see the weather tab working again for you.
I was having the same issue, and when i contacted the USCC customer care, they told me that they are facing some location update problems on HTC.
But in the mean time if wanna try, you can update ur location and weather in weather tab by using wifi (disconnect the data connection and turn on wifi). Trust me on this. It worked for me.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Here's a link to Conflippers thread, IIRC when I used it, it lagged at first due to the number of cities loaded, but it did speed up. There is also a program for adding in even the smallest town, but I don't have it with me at work or on my mobile, so if you need it, I'll post it up later. You also have to use total commander to change a manila file from read only. If conflippers app doesn't work, let me know and I'll get you the info on adding your individual town.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81108

Edit: I just took a look at the cab that Oditus posted above, I believe that is the editor I used, and IIRC you need to go into /windows w/ total commander and change the attirbutes for 2330fc3c_manila to archive and system, NOT read only and dump it back into /windows. Then you can use the editor without problems.

Last edited by fishingmedic; 06-18-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Vaudou is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankobidient View Post
Are u a U.S.Cellular customer?
If yes then you to have to wait couples weeks before u can see the weather tab working again for you.
I was having the same issue, and when i contacted the USCC customer care, they told me that they are facing some location update problems on HTC.
But in the mean time if wanna try, you can update ur location and weather in weather tab by using wifi (disconnect the data connection and turn on wifi). Trust me on this. It worked for me.
Yes I am on USCC, and you said that it just takes a couple weeks and the weather will start to update again? I JUST got off the phone with USCC because the guy yesterday told me I could replace my phone but now a diff guy is saying I'm stuck with this "no weather update" problem until HTC does something about it...

I've been stuck with this problem for about, mmm I wanna say 2 weeks? give or take a few days, it's summer so my days are hazy and blended together if you catch my drift so it's hard to determine when this exactly happened because I just thought it was a problem with the ROM so I didn't pay attention to it when it started messing up.

I don't have Wifi anywhere near me, but I'll try swinging by a starbucks or something that does have it and try getting it that way. thanks for the tip never thought of using wifi!

And yeah they said because I'm on the border of 2 time zones, the weather tab draws data from both zones, and screws up or something...
Old 06-18-2010, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Vaudou is a n00b

WOW I don't know what happened, but I tried turning on Wifi to find a signal, no signal -.-, so I was like eh, let's try it, went to weather, data connection turned on, it finds my location exactly and weather downloads.... I have no idea what fixed it, but my weather is working now... Thanks for all the tips everyone, i'll keep them in mind next time i have another weather related problem!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

there is an issue with htc and sense right now...mine isn't working on my hd2, and when i went to the tmo store, the demo they have doesn't work either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2