PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

the_cleaner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cant hang with Sprint

Sprint network is not up to par in my area so I am going back to AT&T. I received my TP2 for free and I'm trying to decide if I should return it within my 30 days or just pay the early termination fee of $200 and sell the phone. What would you all do?
Old 10-21-2009, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx
Re: Cant hang with Sprint

What about finding someone to take over your contract? I would go with the 30 day thing if my first option doesn't work!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

em.. if you got the tp2 for free, sounds like Sprint has taken care of you. You won't find that deal at ATT. Call them and talk to Sprint about it, I was sent a free Airrave box for signal at my home after moving, and it works great.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

"I received my TP2 for free and I'm trying to decide if I should return it within my 30 days or just pay the early termination fee of $200 and sell the phone".

Call me crazy... but if you received your phone for FREE... Why would you return it. If you leave Sprint you will have to pay the early termination fee anyway as long as you are under contract. I don't think Sprint would desolve your contract if you just renewed it either. A renewal of contract is a contract and it comes with an early termination fee. If you want out that badly... I woul say sell the phone to pay for the early termination fee and jump on over to ATT.
p.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

webdave is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to webdave Send a message via AIM to webdave Send a message via MSN to webdave Send a message via Yahoo to webdave Send a message via Skype™ to webdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post
"I received my TP2 for free and I'm trying to decide if I should return it within my 30 days or just pay the early termination fee of $200 and sell the phone".

Call me crazy... but if you received your phone for FREE... Why would you return it. If you leave Sprint you will have to pay the early termination fee anyway as long as you are under contract. I don't think Sprint would desolve your contract if you just renewed it either. A renewal of contract is a contract and it comes with an early termination fee. If you want out that badly... I woul say sell the phone to pay for the early termination fee and jump on over to ATT.
p.
If you cancel within 30 days you have to return the phone. If you don't you are charged for the phone. If you cancel after 30 days you can keep the phone but you have to pay the ETF.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

Call Sprint and see what they can do for you. You don't want ATT.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

OH...
I didn't know there was a 30 day return policy on the contracts too.
I told you...
call me crazy... well... doit! lol.
Thanks bro.
p.

ps. wow... I actually used two smileys. CAUTION: this kind of behavior may be addictive. lol
p.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

the_cleaner is a n00b

The network in my area with sprint just plain sucks, there is no way I could live with that for the term of the contract. I was told by a business rep that I could get completely away from sprint. If I let my 30 days expire and pay the eta I have a $200 TP2 surely someone is looking for a contact free TP2 and would give decent money for a one month old phone on ebay.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_cleaner View Post
The network in my area with sprint just plain sucks, there is no way I could live with that for the term of the contract. I was told by a business rep that I could get completely away from sprint. If I let my 30 days expire and pay the eta I have a $200 TP2 surely someone is looking for a contact free TP2 and would give decent money for a one month old phone on ebay.
If it "sucks" so badly wouldn't your phone just start roaming on Verizon? Or does VZW suck out there too? I never have signal troubles, but I do roam...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2