PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Cant hang with Sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91709)

the_cleaner 10-21-2009 11:53 AM

Cant hang with Sprint

Sprint network is not up to par in my area so I am going back to AT&T. I received my TP2 for free and I'm trying to decide if I should return it within my 30 days or just pay the early termination fee of $200 and sell the phone. What would you all do?

xconwayx 10-21-2009 11:59 AM

Re: Cant hang with Sprint

What about finding someone to take over your contract? I would go with the 30 day thing if my first option doesn't work!

superevilllama 10-21-2009 12:02 PM

em.. if you got the tp2 for free, sounds like Sprint has taken care of you. You won't find that deal at ATT. Call them and talk to Sprint about it, I was sent a free Airrave box for signal at my home after moving, and it works great.

AZTECHKA 10-21-2009 12:10 PM

"I received my TP2 for free and I'm trying to decide if I should return it within my 30 days or just pay the early termination fee of $200 and sell the phone".

Call me crazy... but if you received your phone for FREE... Why would you return it. If you leave Sprint you will have to pay the early termination fee anyway as long as you are under contract. I don't think Sprint would desolve your contract if you just renewed it either. A renewal of contract is a contract and it comes with an early termination fee. If you want out that badly... I woul say sell the phone to pay for the early termination fee and jump on over to ATT.
p.

webdave 10-21-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldehoyos (Post 1251375)
"I received my TP2 for free and I'm trying to decide if I should return it within my 30 days or just pay the early termination fee of $200 and sell the phone".

Call me crazy... but if you received your phone for FREE... Why would you return it. If you leave Sprint you will have to pay the early termination fee anyway as long as you are under contract. I don't think Sprint would desolve your contract if you just renewed it either. A renewal of contract is a contract and it comes with an early termination fee. If you want out that badly... I woul say sell the phone to pay for the early termination fee and jump on over to ATT.
p.

If you cancel within 30 days you have to return the phone. If you don't you are charged for the phone. If you cancel after 30 days you can keep the phone but you have to pay the ETF.

fr0st 10-21-2009 12:30 PM

Call Sprint and see what they can do for you. You don't want ATT.

AZTECHKA 10-21-2009 12:34 PM

OH...
I didn't know there was a 30 day return policy on the contracts too. :evil3:
I told you...
call me crazy... well... doit! lol. :spin:
Thanks bro.
p.

ps. wow... I actually used two smileys. CAUTION: this kind of behavior may be addictive. lol
p.

the_cleaner 10-21-2009 02:55 PM

The network in my area with sprint just plain sucks, there is no way I could live with that for the term of the contract. I was told by a business rep that I could get completely away from sprint. If I let my 30 days expire and pay the eta I have a $200 TP2 surely someone is looking for a contact free TP2 and would give decent money for a one month old phone on ebay.

ChrisCicc 10-21-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_cleaner (Post 1251577)
The network in my area with sprint just plain sucks, there is no way I could live with that for the term of the contract. I was told by a business rep that I could get completely away from sprint. If I let my 30 days expire and pay the eta I have a $200 TP2 surely someone is looking for a contact free TP2 and would give decent money for a one month old phone on ebay.

If it "sucks" so badly wouldn't your phone just start roaming on Verizon? Or does VZW suck out there too? I never have signal troubles, but I do roam...