PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   S2U2 Auto Lock - Password (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91703)

otterit 10-21-2009 11:08 AM

S2U2 Auto Lock - Password

Has anyone had any luck enabling the password (PIN) auto lock feature of S2U2? The setting is "ON", but my phone does lock automatically at the 1,5,15... minute mark.

Any ideas?

otterit 10-21-2009 04:12 PM

Re: S2U2 Auto Lock - Password

Hmm..no response..(yet)

My problem is I want to continue to lock my phone with a password, but neither Throttlelock or S2U2 automatically engages after the pre-determined amount of time. The default WM 6.1 screen lock (PIN) causes the issue of defaulting back to the home screen during a call.

Ugh!! I hope this is fixed in 6.5!!!!!

rdd0512 10-21-2009 04:44 PM

make sure you started s2u2 by hitting iLock2 in the all programs tab in your start menu all the way at the bottom not in the "i" area. if you hit it and nothing happens then its WORKING now. if you hit it and it says "ilock and s2u2 are closing" you just turned it off so reactivate it. after you make any changes in settings for s2u2 you should do this just to make sure your changes take hold. hope this helps. good luck

(btw you are hitting "save" in s2u2 settings after adjusting each setting right? because if you change tabs in the settings program before you save you can lose settings you changed.)

mayoko185 10-21-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdd0512 (Post 1252002)
make sure you started s2u2 by hitting iLock2 in the all programs tab in your start menu all the way at the bottom not in the "i" area. if you hit it and nothing happens then its WORKING now. if you hit it and it says "ilock and s2u2 are closing" you just turned it off so reactivate it. after you make any changes in settings for s2u2 you should do this just to make sure your changes take hold. hope this helps. good luck

(btw you are hitting "save" in s2u2 settings after adjusting each setting right? because if you change tabs in the settings program before you save you can lose settings you changed.)

S2U2 has always had a pin lock, under general/password lock/on/off. But to the op I would try what the other guy said and restart s2u2 to see if that helps, I never had this issue though.

telsea 10-21-2009 05:00 PM

Mine works fine and I use it for same reason.

My settings are:
Lock when device wakes up: On
Password Lock: On
Required Password: option 4
After 15 mins

Just something for you to compare your top settings to.

otterit 10-21-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telsea (Post 1252062)
Mine works fine and I use it for same reason.

My settings are:
Lock when device wakes up: On
Password Lock: On
Required Password: option 4
After 15 mins

Just something for you to compare your top settings to.

Strange! I have the same settings...hmmmm...

otterit 10-22-2009 10:36 AM

restarting the device and iLock2 did the trick! Thanks!!

RaveDn 01-06-2010 09:03 PM

I have an issue i did not expect to encounter. With a Pin/password set, when unlocking the device, it will continue to loop back to the prompt for the pin. I was at first quite concerned I had been locked out of my phone. If I power cycle my phone, on boot it will accept the pin. I have done a great deal of troubleshooting, but can't seem to figure out why during normal operation, i get stuck in an "unlock" loop! Very frustrating. Seems like a great product, but I can't use it if I have to power cycle my phone whenever I want to unlock it.

fusion 01-06-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otterit (Post 1253966)
restarting the device and iLock2 did the trick! Thanks!!

dont forget to disable "unlock when stylus is removed" , "unlock when sliding screen" and "unlock on external power" or you wont be protected fully...