PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 08:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

kronik420 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 Battery

I was wondering if anybody has purchased an extended battery and if so where did you purchase it from and what was the average talk time life of the battery. I use my phone all the time and I have to constantly keep recharging the phone. I've looked on ebay and they got a ton of batteries on there and I don't know which one to choose any help. Thank you
Old 10-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Re: Touch Pro 2 Battery

I think you might want to get your stock battery checked...I talk a lot as well and my battery lasts the entire day, with push email on... I get at least 30% more battery life than I did on customized ROMs on the TP1...just got my TP2 so have not ventured out for an extended yet but will comment if/when I do...but honestly, get your stock battery swapped and see if it helps...
Old 10-21-2009, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

kronik420 is just getting started

Thank you for the information Acs but I'm looking for to buy an extended battery for my touch pro 2 something to have in place when I need to switch batteries. On my touch pro I had 3 backup batteries somedays I would go through just one other days all 3 would need to be recharged at the end of the day. I do a lot of remote support, phone call, internet surfing,texting,emails, checking out you tube, you name it so the battery it definatly better then the tp. But I'm still looking for another extended battery that I can purchase. Thank you
Old 10-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

gotcha... I personally have liked the seidio batteries in the past... I got a mugen 1500mah for my touch pro 1 and it lasted less than the stock 1340mah battery, though I might have had a lemon as mugen generally has a good reputation...
Old 10-21-2009, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

zizo72 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
Thank you for the information Acs but I'm looking for to buy an extended battery for my touch pro 2 something to have in place when I need to switch batteries. On my touch pro I had 3 backup batteries somedays I would go through just one other days all 3 would need to be recharged at the end of the day. I do a lot of remote support, phone call, internet surfing,texting,emails, checking out you tube, you name it so the battery it definatly better then the tp. But I'm still looking for another extended battery that I can purchase. Thank you
I got the verizon OEM extended battery + door and I can't be happier (it is 2150 Vs. 1500 so about 43% increase)
Old 10-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17

Do a forum search on "Extended battery" there are already a couple of threads with usage results posted.
---- Former Verizon XV6700
Old 10-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My home is on the fringe of EVDO, so it constantly hunts for a signal with all my other Sprint Pocket PC's. There is very quick battery drain.

Either way, my TP2 lasts the entire day with power to spare. Whether or not it's because the TP2 has a better radio or management of EVDO is up for debate. But I'm guessing the larger stock battery capacity might have something to do with it's better battery life too.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

zizo72 is just getting started

wait until we get 6.5 !!!! it has way better power consumption than 6.1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2