PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Touch Pro 2 Battery (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91690)

kronik420 10-21-2009 08:52 AM

Touch Pro 2 Battery

I was wondering if anybody has purchased an extended battery and if so where did you purchase it from and what was the average talk time life of the battery. I use my phone all the time and I have to constantly keep recharging the phone. I've looked on ebay and they got a ton of batteries on there and I don't know which one to choose any help. Thank you

a_c_s 10-21-2009 09:16 AM

Re: Touch Pro 2 Battery

I think you might want to get your stock battery checked...I talk a lot as well and my battery lasts the entire day, with push email on... I get at least 30% more battery life than I did on customized ROMs on the TP1...just got my TP2 so have not ventured out for an extended yet but will comment if/when I do...but honestly, get your stock battery swapped and see if it helps...

kronik420 10-21-2009 10:11 AM

Thank you for the information Acs but I'm looking for to buy an extended battery for my touch pro 2 something to have in place when I need to switch batteries. On my touch pro I had 3 backup batteries somedays I would go through just one other days all 3 would need to be recharged at the end of the day. I do a lot of remote support, phone call, internet surfing,texting,emails, checking out you tube, you name it so the battery it definatly better then the tp. But I'm still looking for another extended battery that I can purchase. Thank you

a_c_s 10-21-2009 10:29 AM

gotcha... I personally have liked the seidio batteries in the past... I got a mugen 1500mah for my touch pro 1 and it lasted less than the stock 1340mah battery, though I might have had a lemon as mugen generally has a good reputation...

zizo72 10-21-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kronik420 (Post 1251116)
Thank you for the information Acs but I'm looking for to buy an extended battery for my touch pro 2 something to have in place when I need to switch batteries. On my touch pro I had 3 backup batteries somedays I would go through just one other days all 3 would need to be recharged at the end of the day. I do a lot of remote support, phone call, internet surfing,texting,emails, checking out you tube, you name it so the battery it definatly better then the tp. But I'm still looking for another extended battery that I can purchase. Thank you

I got the verizon OEM extended battery + door and I can't be happier (it is 2150 Vs. 1500 so about 43% increase)

aamon17 10-21-2009 11:34 AM

Do a forum search on "Extended battery" there are already a couple of threads with usage results posted.

Edwood 10-21-2009 11:54 AM

My home is on the fringe of EVDO, so it constantly hunts for a signal with all my other Sprint Pocket PC's. There is very quick battery drain.

Either way, my TP2 lasts the entire day with power to spare. Whether or not it's because the TP2 has a better radio or management of EVDO is up for debate. But I'm guessing the larger stock battery capacity might have something to do with it's better battery life too.

zizo72 10-21-2009 02:49 PM

wait until we get 6.5 !!!! it has way better power consumption than 6.1