PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

BK111968 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking to get Ghost Armor - worth getting the whole kit?

I'm looking to get the Ghost Armor screen protector but had a question concerning the whole kit.

Would the whole Ghost Armor kit kind of overkill if I'm planning to get a Seidio hardcase/holster combo? I think considering that I have to look at this thing for the next two years I'd want it looking new for at least a little while before wear and tear takes over.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work
Re: Looking to get Ghost Armor - worth getting the whole kit?

Well, I ordered the entire armor "kit" from Ghost Armor 2 days ago. It should be here sometime next week. I watched the videos on youtube about it and was impressed. I don't like a phone to be that bulky when installing it in one of those cases that completely cover the phone. I am careful with my phone and as long as I don't drop it onto concrete or brick, it should be ok. If I DO drop it, I have insurance on it and will just get a new one.

Just my 2 cents...
Cheers!

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 10-08-2009, 11:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

ac520 is just getting started

I bought the Ghost Armor screen protector and didn’t like it. It fit great on my Verizon TP2 but it was too soft and way too sticky. When I removed it four days later and replaced it with a Martin Fields I seriously thought I was going to tear the screen off the damn phone!

Anyway… While it was on, it did not interfere with the TouchFlo functionality what so ever. So, I guess I would have to say if you are OK with the soft rubbery feel and you really take your time applying it, you will probably like the Ghost Armor. Personally I prefer the harder protectors like the BoxWave or Martin Fields.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

zeuswsu is just getting started

I installed the whole kit and really like it, word of advice though.... Don't use the squeegy that comes with the kit. I scratched the front of my screen with it in a couple of spots. I credit card would work a lot better and not mess up the screen.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I tried the kit and didn't like the fit. I am very pleased with the bodyguardz brand kit. It fit great (less pieces) and 2 kits for the same price as 1 ghost or zagg.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I tried the kit and didn't like the fit. I am very pleased with the bodyguardz brand kit. It fit great (less pieces) and 2 kits for the same price as 1 ghost or zagg.
Did you get a discount on them? They seem to be the same price as Ghost Armor on the bodyguardz website.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
Did you get a discount on them? They seem to be the same price as Ghost Armor on the bodyguardz website.
I went to their facebook or twitter site ...they usually post a code for 20% (you sometimes have to scroll through a page or 2 to find one). I think my code was madness for 20% off. Yes, the price may be identical (without the discount) but bodyguardz sends you 2 kits and the others is just one...and they sell you kits in the future at 20% off.

No, I don't work for bodyguardz or know anyone there...I just liked their product.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Threadstarter

BK111968 is just getting started

Thanks for the help everyone- it's good to get your opinions since I didn't know the screen protector would feel rubbery or use the credit card instead of the one supplied.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

I have the full ghost armor on my phone and i like it. it does have a 'rubbery/plastic' feel, but that is too be expected when you put a 'rubbery/plastic' ON the phone.

the kit they sent for the Sprint version fit really well. you just need to make sure you do not stretch the top cover too far over the edges -- like me. that will cause the sides to overlap. (my fault. user error. not the armor itself.)

if you're looking to have a phone that feels pretty then i would not recommend the armor. if you want a phone that still looks good and is protected from scratches/dings, then i highly recommend ghost armor.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

make a best offer of 10$ and it takes it free shipping also plus fits 100% perfect check his feedback.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2