PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 01:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: blackberry
Carrier: sprint

TCKelsey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to clear phone to sell?

Hi, im about to sell my TP2 and am wondering what I need to do to clear everything off of it and make the ESN clean again? Thanks for any help.

Kelsey
Old 06-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: How to clear phone to sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKelsey View Post
Hi, im about to sell my TP2 and am wondering what I need to do to clear everything off of it and make the ESN clean again? Thanks for any help.

Kelsey
To clean the phone just do a hard reset.

How is your ESN dirty, there is only 2 reasons for that, its stollen, or you did not pay your bill.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Robin24k is just getting started

The ESN can be dirty or blocked for several reasons. If it was reported lost or stolen (to claim insurance), you didn't pay your bill, or the phone is still active on your account. If you had purchased the phone new from Sprint, as long as you have deactivated the phone and put something else on your line, it will be good to go. If you had purchased it new or used from somewhere else, I would call Sprint and have them run the ESN when you activate the other device just in case.

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p → Treo 800w → Treo Pro → HTC Imagio
Old 06-13-2010, 01:20 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

you can also check esn through a third party

http://www.checkesn.com/
Old 06-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
you can also check esn through a third party

http://www.checkesn.com/

Why is this any better than chking it on sprint www itself? you actually have to pay these guys vs it's free on sprint www
Old 06-13-2010, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

I think he just means clean as in, none of his info remaining on file...

Start/System/Clear Storage will erase all your contacts/emails/texts/etc all info on the device memory is erased...

Old 06-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

Your profile says you own a Blackberry. Why are you in the TP2 forum asking this questions??

Old 06-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY View Post
Your profile says you own a Blackberry. Why are you in the TP2 forum asking this questions??
because in His post he said he had a TP2.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

i know the clear storage method has already been mentioned, but just incase you didnt notice the mention of "device memory", clear storage will NOT erase anything on the SD card. If you plan to sell the SD card with the phone id suggest formatting it first.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
because in His post he said he had a TP2.

Touché Wesley.....Touché
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2