PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 06:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VZ TV app question??

That new TV app in the imagio looks kinda cool & I would like to try it out.

I don't really need it as I get 200+ cable channels from my SlingBox, but I still like to compare all the available options.

Does anybody know if this is something that we will be able to get working in the TP2 if/when we ever get a working unlocker??

~John
Old 10-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10
That new TV app in the imagio looks kinda cool & I would like to try it out.

I don't really need it as I get 200+ cable channels from my SlingBox, but I still like to compare all the available options.

Does anybody know if this is something that we will be able to get working in the TP2 if/when we ever get a working unlocker??

~John
im pretty sure there is some hardware involved in the tv app because in another thread i asked if it used a data connection for tv and they said no!

Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Eris

pjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

The kickstand on the Imagio is the antenna for tv. The TP2 does not have the hardware to receive the mediaflo signal. The coverage area is also very poor so most people can't use it anyway.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:24 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101
Re: VZ TV app question??

its nothing special, just vcast mobile tv that is on all compatible phones. In reality, its just a glorified tv that sucks the batterym im sure verizon has some sort of response to the system that tells them its in use to prevent abuse and mine Nielsen data
Old 10-21-2009, 07:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6850

Import Junky is a n00b

Speaking of the Slingbox, How does it work on your TP2? I was thinking about getting the Sling HD. But I heard that it doesnt transmit HD to laptops and cell phones (cells I can understand but I have an HD screen on my laptop)

Just woundering if it was worth it?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsockett
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

The kickstand on the Imagio is the antenna for tv. The TP2 does not have the hardware to receive the mediaflo signal. The coverage area is also very poor so most people can't use it anyway.
i live in dc where every cell provider has great service so i know it works great here even tho it doesnt use cell service i knowvit works here
Old 10-21-2009, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC

skillzo1 is becoming a great contributor

can anyone help me with slingbox? i downloaded it using my mobile browser. i checked off verizon and the touch pro and downloaded and installed the cab they gave me. i went into the advanced settings of the player and checked off the rendering settings that the instructions told me to. when i open it up i clicked register later and i get a black screen with a play option att the bottom. when i click play nothing happens. am i missing something r doing something wrong here?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzo1 View Post
i get a black screen with a play option att the bottom. when i click play nothing happens. am i missing something r doing something wrong here?
Click the bottom where it says player, then Slingbox Directory, then either "my slingbox" if you set up all the settings or "add new slingbox" if you haven't set it up on your phone yet.

~John
Old 10-21-2009, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Import Junky View Post
Speaking of the Slingbox, How does it work on your TP2? I was thinking about getting the Sling HD. But I heard that it doesnt transmit HD to laptops and cell phones (cells I can understand but I have an HD screen on my laptop)

Just woundering if it was worth it?
The SlingBox HD will sling HD content to your LT.

I have a Slingbox Pro with component HD cable hookup as the only thing I use it for it to watch TV on my phone & the Pro works the same as the HD for that.

The nice thing about the Pro is it has an internal analog TV tuner. I can choose to watch content from either my HD cable box or the internal tuner. The internal tuner only gets basic cable (no on demand channels etc) but the advantage is I can watch a different channel than the home TV is set on.

It is also funny to mess with my Wife/Daughter if they are watching the home TV that the SB is hooked to. I can change the TV channel from my phone which annoys the hell out of the Wife/Daughter when they are in the middle of watching a movie/favorite show etc etc...........

I can always tell when my 9 year old daughter is watching something when the Disney channel appears on my phone....

~John
Old 10-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

The TP2 doesn't have the antenna, obviously, but is it still possible the lead is there on the circuit board? Considering the hardware similarities, it wouldn't be a huge stretch.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2