PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 09:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TouchLockPro or PocketShield for TP2? Looking for S2U2 alternative...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post

I'm back on Pocketshield after a few months hiatus b/c I kind of got tired of having to slide to unlock. I like the light sensor feature.
yea, the light sensor feature is awesome (especially in the TP2 where you don't have the center round D-Pad button to unlock like you could with the TP)

I LOL when people say "it doesn't look as cool as s2u2". When it is set to unlock with light & calibrated correctly, it unlocks so fast you don't even see the screen 95% of the time so who cares what it looks like??

There are a bunch of themes for it, but I can't see any reason to use them as you'll never see them most of the time anyway. I do have to "slide to unlock" once in a great while if it is pitch dark when the phone rings, but even that feature is done much better than s2u2 as others have mentioned (although I don't use the feature, you can also unlock by shaking the phone or pulling out the stylus if you set it that way). You can swipe down from anywhere on the screen instead of just one small area like an iphone or s2u2 + someone unfamiliar with the phone would really have no clue how to unlock it.

I have use PS in at least 6-8 different phones now & set up correctly it works perfectly. It just sits there & does exactly what it's supposed to do with no drama. It is a MUCH MUCH lighter program than s2u2 & does not affect battery life enough to even notice. I have used it for over a year & never once had any phone "pocket dial" or refuse to correctly answer an incoming call.

Someone did an awesome post with every single lock program available listed at one point (there's like 10 of them) & I have tried them all. PS, set correctly in the options, is the only one I found to have no disadvantages whatever. It just sits there & does what it's supposed to perfectly every time.

~John
Old 12-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

With the TouchProLock, if I need to unlock in the dark, I have it set to pick a shaking gesture off the GSensor - and the gesture is customizable.

As for looks, it changes nothing other than shows a thin, red bar along the top when locked.

Oh, and there's a setting that let me set it to vibrate once on lock, twice on unlock.

Very cool piece of software!
Old 12-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuswsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsworm View Post
I think three is a conflict between PS and HTC Dial. PS incoming phone protection works well for WM dial pad only. There is a post on pocketshield forum about that.
Yep, i went back to s2u2 because of wierd things that would happen to the dialer when i was using PS. Most annoying to me was that the "mute ring" button wouldnt work.
under phone tab in the settings if u check enable hard keys u can choose which 1z n just put a check in the box for mute/volume keys. worked for me & the same problem i to had, disappeared
Old 12-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
yea, the light sensor feature is awesome (especially in the TP2 where you don't have the center round D-Pad button to unlock like you could with the TP)

I LOL when people say "it doesn't look as cool as s2u2". When it is set to unlock with light & calibrated correctly, it unlocks so fast you don't even see the screen 95% of the time so who cares what it looks like??

There are a bunch of themes for it, but I can't see any reason to use them as you'll never see them most of the time anyway. I do have to "slide to unlock" once in a great while if it is pitch dark when the phone rings, but even that feature is done much better than s2u2 as others have mentioned (although I don't use the feature, you can also unlock by shaking the phone or pulling out the stylus if you set it that way). You can swipe down from anywhere on the screen instead of just one small area like an iphone or s2u2 + someone unfamiliar with the phone would really have no clue how to unlock it.

I have use PS in at least 6-8 different phones now & set up correctly it works perfectly. It just sits there & does exactly what it's supposed to do with no drama. It is a MUCH MUCH lighter program than s2u2 & does not affect battery life enough to even notice. I have used it for over a year & never once had any phone "pocket dial" or refuse to correctly answer an incoming call.

Someone did an awesome post with every single lock program available listed at one point (there's like 10 of them) & I have tried them all. PS, set correctly in the options, is the only one I found to have no disadvantages whatever. It just sits there & does what it's supposed to perfectly every time.

~John
This has been my experience as well. I disabled all the options for protect on incoming call as the default slide 2 unlock does it's job quite well. I you missed one of the biggest advantages though and that's the option to lock during calls ONLY when using bluetooth. This is especially helpful with the TP2 due to the crazy proximity sensor.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

+1 for TouchLockPro. Screw Pocketshield and its cost! TouchLockPro is free, and works wonderfully. Also it only uses like 38k of ram, whereas PocketShield uses like 1.7 meg. S2U2 uses around 4 meg. TouchLockPro is extremely lightweight, and runs perfect. Tons of customization, and it makes full use of the light sensor and all the other sensors on the phone.

Oh yeah, its kinda hard to beat the price.... FREE
Heres the link, check it out, and it ya like it, hit the "thanks" button, and maybe be nice and make a donation to the authors (not me) on their site:
http://www.zuinigerijder.com/

I love it.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:59 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Too each his own, but I used TouchLock Pro before switching to PocketShield & I didn't really care for it at all.

~John
Old 12-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Have you tried the newest release? They made ALOT of great changes in the newest version.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:34 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Have you tried the newest release? They made ALOT of great changes in the newest version.
I really have no reason to, I will never use anything but ps at this point anyway. I never liked how it didn't have an actual lock screen(half the time I wasn't sure if it was locked or not), and I hated what it did to the taskbar icons.

John
Old 12-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Don't no if I'm missing something and didn't want to start a new thread. But I went to use my speaker phone today and it wouldn't work. I have tracked it back to pocketshield. If I shut pocketshield off I can then use my speaker phone (turning it upside down on the table speaker phone). Has anyone else had this problem and if so was it fixable without shutting pocketshield down? Thanks in advance for any info.

BOO B)
Old 12-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO B) View Post
Don't no if I'm missing something and didn't want to start a new thread. But I went to use my speaker phone today and it wouldn't work. I have tracked it back to pocketshield. If I shut pocketshield off I can then use my speaker phone (turning it upside down on the table speaker phone). Has anyone else had this problem and if so was it fixable without shutting pocketshield down? Thanks in advance for any info.

BOO B)
Disable unlock by gesture and you shouldn't have this problem. My speakerphone works just fine when I turn my phone over and I always use pocketshield.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2