PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.
Threadstarter

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TouchLockPro or PocketShield for TP2? Looking for S2U2 alternative...

Not a single TouchLockPro user eh?
I see people posting their connection speed--but why? It's one thing to show EVDO/HSDPA speeds, but I see people posting wired connections and I am puzzled (especially when the speed is not all that impressive). So, in that spirit, I will post mine:

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK111968 View Post
I was using S2U2 until yesterday when I started having issues with it (when locked it would sometimes bring up the align screen and crosshairs and only a soft-reset would fix it).

I haven't had any sort of problems with Pocket Shield but the one thing I don't like about it is that it puts your phone into sleep mode after the phone is locked for a user defined period of time. I have mine set to 50 seconds and then it goes to sleep.
Don't know if that is a S2U2 lock issue. It has been found out if you accidentally push both volume keys at the same time (like if they hit on bottom or side of a pouch) then tap screen it brings up the align screen menu. It is built into the phone to do that. Having said that I'm not a fan of S2U2. I have been using pocketshield since having my Touch Pro and now on TP2.

BOO B)
Old 10-22-2009, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO B) View Post
I have been using pocketshield since having my Touch Pro and now on TP2.
Same here, PS is awesome.

I used s2u2 for a year or more in my xv6800's but when I tried to use it in my original TP I had nothing but problems with it despite try various different versions before giving up.

At that point, somebody here suggested trying PS. Once I tried it, I was totally hooked. All my problems disappeared & my battery life noticeably improved.

I leave all the boxes unchecked on the phone tab in the PS setup (& answer the phone with the stock s2a setup). I set it to unlock with either light, a finger swipe or pulling the stylus out.

When I click the top button on my TP2, the screen goes out & it's locked. A second press lights the screen & if there is light it unlocks almost instantly. If it is dark, I unlock it with a quick finger swipe.

Since swapping to PS over a year ago, I have never once had a problem answering any of my phones & they don't dial or answer unless I want them to. Running PS has no affect on battery life, so to me it is a perfect app.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 10-22-2009 at 11:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:23 PM
adam12

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

+1 for pocket shield. It solved my align screen issue
Old 10-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

I was reluctant to try pocketshield, and while the interface sucks balls compared to S2U2, battery life is noticeably better. This is after I, for the first time, actually did a battery test because of one of the threads about battery life a few days ago and noticed S2U2 has my phone idling at well over 100+mAh.

At any rate, I may get an extended slim battery and start using S2U2 again.

I guess pocketshield is okay, definitely nothing to write home about. I am hoping they will incorporate some sort of pin locking system because as it stands now, it's almost useless to me as nothing more than a mediocre screen locking app, and this is where S2U2 excels.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
I was reluctant to try pocketshield, and while the interface sucks balls compared to S2U2, battery life is noticeably better. This is after I, for the first time, actually did a battery test because of one of the threads about battery life a few days ago and noticed S2U2 has my phone idling at well over 100+mAh.

At any rate, I may get an extended slim battery and start using S2U2 again.

I guess pocketshield is okay, definitely nothing to write home about. I am hoping they will incorporate some sort of pin locking system because as it stands now, it's almost useless to me as nothing more than a mediocre screen locking app, and this is where S2U2 excels.
Actually if you go into their phorums, You will see that pin locking is on the agenda for next update.

BOO B)

EDIT: You can find it here: http://forums.jdbp.mobi/phorum/read.php?2,5466

Last edited by BOO B); 10-22-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO B) View Post
Actually if you go into their phorums, You will see that pin locking is on the agenda for next update.

BOO B)

EDIT: You can find it here: http://forums.jdbp.mobi/phorum/read.php?2,5466
Thanks! Hopefully sometime soon.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965

-1 for Pocket Shield for me. Even with the the setting earlier regarding an incoming call, my bluetooth device's buttons still will not answer or end a call. Also the bottom buttons on my screen would change back to wm6 default (calendar and contacts) rather than the manila settings for each tab.
All fixed after uninstall.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
Not a single TouchLockPro user eh?
I finally gave up on PS after trying every setting possible only to have my TP2 still unlocking in the dark.

They, after stumbling accross your post, tried the latest version of TouchLockPro, and after a day of running it, could not be happier!

It does exactly what I want, is very easy to customize, and does not appear to hog resources or drain my battery.

Great, great product!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

I dont have a problem with it unlocking in the dark. I just installed the latest v.3.2.5.4 RC2. Funny thing is that you can't calibrate the light sensor on that beta. It closes the program, but the stock settings work fine.

I'm back on Pocketshield after a few months hiatus b/c I kind of got tired of having to slide to unlock. I like the light sensor feature.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2