PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

knlmwq is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sero and Sprint Navigation

I am coming from a touch pro 1 and sprint navigation only worked for free on my very first use. After that I was asked to either sign up for 9.99 or get a one time use for 2.99.

Now on the touch pro 2 I have yet to be asked if I want to sign up for 9.99 and sprint navigation has worked for the past 4 days. Will it eventually stop and ask me to sign up? Is everyone else that has a SERO account being charged for sprint navigation or getting it free? I guess i would like to know because I wont waste my time installing tomtom if sprint navigation will always work. Thanks a lot
Old 09-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sero and Sprint Navigation

I think you get 5 "free" days of sprint navigation before having to sign up for 9.99- but let us know either way
p.s. I really like garmin mobile XT over TomTom on the TP2
Old 09-27-2009, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: vsw

Vacs is a n00b

I just signed up for the SERO everything data plan and I thought that encluded navigation. But then I thought it included sprint tv but now I find out that you have to pay more if you really want the tv "programs" and not just "clips". If you have to pay extra for the Nav then it is cheaper to buy IGO or tomtom or garmon for a one time cost.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Oh.. I was wondering why I was able to use Sprint Nav for free. Looks like they will try to charge me at some point.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

knlmwq is a n00b

Guess i should clarify.. I am on one of the original sero plans, the 49.99 for 1250 anytime minutes. This is like the $30 one but with more minutes. I think Navigation is included with the newer sero plans but Im not on the newer ones. So i am asking those who have the older sero plans
Old 09-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ok, I have 2 sero lines and neither one has GPS. Its not free and you will have to pay the 9.99 a month. Like another member said, it would be cheaper in the long run to buy a program say iGO8, tomtom, or garmin xt. Think about it TomTom is 89 bucks, you pay that in only 9months with sprint nav. TomTom you never would have to pay again while sprint will charge you every month until you cancel it. Hope this helps a lil
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

knlmwq is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
ok, I have 2 sero lines and neither one has GPS. Its not free and you will have to pay the 9.99 a month. Like another member said, it would be cheaper in the long run to buy a program say iGO8, tomtom, or garmin xt. Think about it TomTom is 89 bucks, you pay that in only 9months with sprint nav. TomTom you never would have to pay again while sprint will charge you every month until you cancel it. Hope this helps a lil
Hey Mike,

So on your touch pro2 not 1, you are asked if you want to sign up and pay $9.99?
Old 09-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You know, I don't even use the sprint app for navigation haven't signed in and took the tab off touchflo as soon as I powered the phone on. I personally use Garmin and iGO8 (iGo8 way more than garmin) I know from playing with the vogue and tp1 that the app will work for only a week I believe to "TEST" it out. After your time is up, when you click on the app then it will ask you if you want to do the 9.99 a month or 2.99 for a single use.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G Rooted

Jocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I only know this from my Diamond, but every time you hard reset or load a new rom, you seem to get a new Telenav free trial...
Old 09-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
You would never have to pay again? Does the 89 bucks include annual map updates for free? With sprint you don't have to update the maps. although i have an everything data plan anyways so I just use sprint navigation.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2