PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible and touch pro2
Carrier: Verizon

chrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Verizion pro2 on a alltel plan??????

i was merged from alltel with verizion wireless , but still in an alltel plan that my bro and i share minutes and he still has a alltel phone...
is it possible to activate a Verizon touch pro 2 and still use my plan. verizion is telling me it will be problematic and that some of there features wont work.
im just going to flash a custom rom anyhow...( when the unlockers ready) so would it matter what they think?

thanks for you guys advice...
Old 10-20-2009, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

txyaloo is just getting started
Re: Verizion pro2 on a alltel plan??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisloveskaos View Post
i was merged from alltel with verizion wireless , but still in an alltel plan that my bro and i share minutes and he still has a alltel phone...
is it possible to activate a Verizon touch pro 2 and still use my plan. verizion is telling me it will be problematic and that some of there features wont work.
im just going to flash a custom rom anyhow...( when the unlockers ready) so would it matter what they think?

thanks for you guys advice...
They tried to tell me the same thing. They said the data features wouldn't work. I told them to just order the phone, leave the phone plan alone, and I would deal with the data problem later. Amazingly, before they could complete the order, they were forced to add the $30 data plan.

I'm running an Alltel phone plan, $30 unlimited Verizon data plan, and the 5000 SMS Verizon message pack. It all works fine together.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

As I again posted before about alltel data. The alltel switch is the problem and has a 50/50 chance of success. some phones work and some dont. Personally I would attempt to avoid the hassle by changing the plan(with proation and all that that can get you charged extra or live without data for almost a month) but if you cant find a comparable verizon plan or just pressed for cash tne you can go for it. again some work and some dont.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6875

twostep is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

you can look online in the my account page, under upgrades.. it'll tell you which phones are compatible with your current plan and which aren't. i have a smartchoice 550 shared with my parents. i have the TP2, my dad has the storm and mom has an env2. no problems whatsoever. if you have a smartchoice, you ought to be fine. just be firm with the rep if they tell you that you absolutely have to when you know that you don't. worked fine for me.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch; HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xx8josh9xx is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to xx8josh9xx Send a message via Yahoo to xx8josh9xx

just tell them to switch ur alltel plan to a verizon plan and tell them u want the same usages for same price.... ur prob going ot have to add data thou...that cost more....
Old 10-21-2009, 05:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

oh by the way almost forgot. every data device is "compatible" with your plan except the enhanced multimedia phones i.e. the rogue. Features wont matter for data as they All provision the same in the switch. If you have a smartchoice plan then that is a possible way of avoiding verizons direct datal charge but if you dont have one then data plan will follow the phone. Anyways as a rep I say go for it if you want just remember 50/50 and if it all works out greatif not then switch plans and deal with the possible hour hassle on the phone with Customer Care or Me.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twostep View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

you can look online in the my account page, under upgrades.. it'll tell you which phones are compatible with your current plan and which aren't. i have a smartchoice 550 shared with my parents. i have the TP2, my dad has the storm and mom has an env2. no problems whatsoever. if you have a smartchoice, you ought to be fine. just be firm with the rep if they tell you that you absolutely have to when you know that you don't. worked fine for me.
I'm a former Alltel customer, and as twostep has said, I was able to order the Touch Pro 2 through the website and keep my core Alltel smartchoice plan intact. After logging into My Verizon, click the option to upgrade your phone, and then you can select the option to only show phones that are compatible with your Alltel plan, and the Touch Pro 2 is one of them. You can't keep any addons to your core plan however. I couldn't keep my $7.99 MyCircle messaging pack (I had to spring an extra two bucks for the $9.99 Verizon equivalent). But besides that one change, everything else is exactly the same.

My suggestion is to just do it all through the website and avoid talking with any person directly who will try to tell you there will be problems. It's a smooth and quick process through the website. I've had my Touch Pro 2 for about a month now and everything has been great.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

It will absolutely work. Not trying to start anything, but the 50/50 crap sounds like sales rep nonsense.

Alltel / Verizon
Old 10-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible and touch pro2
Threadstarter

chrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thxs everyone for your input, phone is being shipped , i will post back when i have it activated......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2