PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

kronik420 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Htc touch Pro 2 Questions

I'm sorry to create a new thread but I was wondering if the people that already have have the HTC touch pro 2. What is the best screen protector for the device I've seen numerous threads with screen protectors with touch pro but not the touch pro 2 so if I'm asking a question that has already been asked please direct me to the correct link thank you. When I had the touch pro I purchased the snap on case for seido and to my surprise I but it on my phone without a screen protector and it really scratched up the sides of the phone really bad I ended taking it off and throwing it away. I also would like to know what is the best case to get for the touch pro 2. My touch pro I had replaced 5 times and all but one time I had to pay for so I want to make sure I baby this phone as much as possible any suggestions let me know thank you.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

duradil is keeping up the good workduradil is keeping up the good work
Re: Htc touch Pro 2 Questions

I use Zagg for my screen protectors..Believe the website is zagg.com

If I was able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button for me!
Old 10-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

i use ghost armor (screen only). it looks great. hardly any orange peel at all, you really have to look for it to even notice the slightest hint. after you apply it and wait about 3 days, you won't even notice its on there. it feels just like the screen, albeit the stylus does have a little more friction to it, but not much. i'd say go ghost armor, but thats the only one i have tried, but with great results.

as far as cases, i do not use one, but there is a thread here somewhere that has an eta for the seido tp2 case, i think the end of this month. also rumor it may have a soft inside to prevent that scratching you mentioned
Old 10-19-2009, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thank you guys for all the info. so MRGOODCAT would you recommend ghost armor screen protector. duradil I had the zagg on my touch pro I'm not saying zagg had anything to do with but for the 5 times I had to return it 2 of those times were because the screen had a rainbow color to it and then all of sudden the screen would stop responding but it had the rainbow color to and in a perfect square shape sort of like a screen protector but thank you for the suggestions. How do you guys like your touch pro 2.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
Thank you guys for all the info. so MRGOODCAT would you recommend ghost armor screen protector. duradil I had the zagg on my touch pro I'm not saying zagg had anything to do with but for the 5 times I had to return it 2 of those times were because the screen had a rainbow color to it and then all of sudden the screen would stop responding but it had the rainbow color to and in a perfect square shape sort of like a screen protector but thank you for the suggestions. How do you guys like your touch pro 2.
Bro I'm gonna try not to rant but that is my pet peeve right there so I'm gonna spill some knowlege.

My Touch Pro was the 2nd phone that did that to me (it happened on my LG Voyager too) it's called a NEWTON RING. Look it up.

From my *extensive* research i found that the main cause is heat and pressure. It results in the digtizer seperating from the screen and the warped shape defracts the light so you see all the different colors. I probably applied too much pressure to my voyager over time because the touch screen SUCKED and the TP had an overheating issue with the battery which is what caused you to have one, i would put money on it.

The cool thing is HTC refuses to take the blame and won't fix phones with this problem (: so the only way to fix it would be to replace the digitizer.

Like I said I had to scrap my TP because it had s2u2 on it so after about a week with the newton ring of course my touch screen became unresponsive, so i couldnt even unlock it to backup my contacts.

In other news i use zagg on my TP2 and it's really good. I'm not sure what the reason is but I'm not seeing all the bad things people talk about like sticky touch screen. It went on really clear and i can use light touches, swipe my finger, everything with ease. I did raise the sensitivity up but I would do that anyway to prevent having to push real hard and thus getting another NEWTON RING that was the most frustrating thing i've had to experience as far as phones.

So yeah don't fret it wasn't the screen protector
Old 10-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

I will say this though if you get the VZW version (not sure about the others) it does not cover the surround on the screen. It sticks out a little more so it kind of sucks that it's not protected. It does cover the actual screen and then the whole battery cover.

Idk that may sway your decision. I still love it.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Kern thanx for the info. I've kept my tp in my pocket all the time I do a lot of travel and lifting things up that touch my pocket so that is very possible what happened to my phone. Did you get the full body protection or just the screen protection. Have you tried any of the other screen protectors. On a sidenote is it a bad thing to leave your phone plugged in all the time I mean would that cause excesive heat.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
Kern thanx for the info. I've kept my tp in my pocket all the time I do a lot of travel and lifting things up that touch my pocket so that is very possible what happened to my phone. Did you get the full body protection or just the screen protection. Have you tried any of the other screen protectors. On a sidenote is it a bad thing to leave your phone plugged in all the time I mean would that cause excesive heat.
Yeah I got the full body, it wasn't until i applied it that i noticed it left a big open area around the screen. i'm still satisfied with it though, it's the only one i know of that hides the scratches. i want it to protect the phone but if the protector shows scratches anyway it doesn't help me much...i want it to look like new

on my Touch Pro i used a cheaper one (skinomi something i can't even remember the name) and when i peeled it off after a couple months the phone had been protected but it started peeling and got lint on all the edges...not really what i wanted in a protector

also i think they fixed the overheating issue because my phone doesn't get hot...i charged it from 8% battery last night all the way to full but i wasn't talking on it or anything. I know the big problem with the TP was plugging it in to the car charger while using GPS...i haven't tried that yet
Old 10-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have used Zagg, Although it is tough, it also is very rubbery and orangepeel looking. I prefer Phantom Skinz found HERE: http://phantomskinz.com/
Not only is it the same kind but IMHO a much better version. No orange peel, feels smooth, you get 2 for the price of 1, 33% off coupon in top banner of website till oct. 30,free shiping (ordered on friday came from arizona to PA on Monday). Total cost for 2 screen only skinz was $6.67.

BOO B)
Old 10-20-2009, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420
like what was mentioned before the phone has been fixed for the overheating and with the lithium battery once it reaches full charge it stops accepting the charge and just maintanes the charge from there. If your phone does get hot (for whatever reason) the fail safe will show your led blink orange/amber and green back and forth. during this time you can not charge the phone until its cooled which is done by placing the phone in ROOM Temperature setting.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2